How often do you weigh yourself?

Ahh cool :)

You're a Cambridge slimmer too I see :)

I didn't realise you're from Cambridge as well.
Do you go to group? I haven't this time round. Using the cash towards my gym membership instead.

Another Cambridge weigher here!!

Until recently I used to weigh myself several times a week. Not any more.

I used to weigh in at group (Wednesday), Friday at home, in Boots on Mondays. I found that my own scales were rubbish. Giving variable readings with sometimes a 7-8lb difference in one day. Then weighed at Boots, they showed a gain and group weight showed a loss.

Found it too confusing so only weigh in at group. I feel so much better. Have also gone down a size in clothes so far.

Yay loads of Cambridge folk on this thread!!! Lovely to meet ya!

x

I didn't realise you're from Cambridge as well.
Do you go to group? I haven't this time round. Using the cash towards my gym membership instead.

I'm not going to groups, I've only just started out so I want to see how I get on first, I think if I struggle I might go but it's unlikely as the info/support on this forum is really good :)

I'm considering buying some new scales soon, they work via wifi and update your bmi, fat % etc too and make it all visual too - expensive though :/

I used to be on the scales everytime I went to the toilet and I'm not joking! I joined class almost 11 weeks ago and I've made a conscious effort not to get on the scales at home otherwise I would then know how they compare to the class ones and I'd never be off of them. If allow them to the scales would rule my life and consequently effect my mood and sometimes throw me off of my journey

I use mine several times a day. I find it a good step-up exercise :cool:

I did at home the night I joined in January, just so I had a rough idea, now I only
WI at class - 17:30 Thursdays (not long now! Lol) except last week I went Friday 10:00
Scales at home get used by OH when he thinks about it, and I use them the same way as Steve, suitcase weighing duties....
By the way, it's easier to weigh yourself holding the suitcase - doesn't obscure the reading

In answer to the original question - I never weigh myself. I get weighed once a week at group - that's it.

Just wondering why getting on the scales daily helps keep people on track? I'm not knocking it, just for me, I know that if I have stuck to plan all week then the scales at WI will give a good result.
If I've been "naughty" then I expect a gain or maintain. Getting on the scales at home doesn't change anything.

Something that annoys me a lot is when people argue with me at the scales (I do the WI) and tell me that their scales don't agree with the SW ones - why pay a fiver to argue with an "official" reading!!!

Don't have scales at home - long binned. But I do have to weigh on the wii. Only one that counts is wi at sw on a Wednesday evening.

Something that annoys me a lot is when people argue with me at the scales (I do the WI) and tell me that their scales don't agree with the SW ones - why pay a fiver to argue with an "official" reading!!!

HAHA! I get that all the time. Makes me chuckle.

Or that they didn't take their ring/necklace/teeny cardy/whatevs off this time so that must've made a difference.

Smile, nod and tell them it'll come off next week if thats the case.

Off topic: but just remembered,

Last week a lady got on the scales and STS (as she has for 4 weeks), the conversation went like this:

Lady: What can I do to get off this plateau?

Me: What plan do you follow?

Lady: I don't really I just try and do healthy eating.

Me: Erm. Well you could try and follow the plan 100% this week....

Why pay £5 every week to WI if you're not actually following plan?? I don't understand this logic.

xx

HAHA! I get that all the time. Makes me chuckle.

Or that they didn't take their ring/necklace/teeny cardy/whatevs off this time so that must've made a difference.

Smile, nod and tell them it'll come off next week if thats the case.

Off topic: but just remembered,

Last week a lady got on the scales and STS (as she has for 4 weeks), the conversation went like this:

Lady: What can I do to get off this plateau?

Me: What plan do you follow?

Lady: I don't really I just try and do healthy eating.

Me: Erm. Well you could try and follow the plan 100% this week....

Why pay £5 every week to WI if you're not actually following plan?? I don't understand this logic.

xx

We have the most annoying lady at group, every week she's like...I just can't seem to shift this weight blah blah blah, our consultant would ask what she's eating etc and then the list begins....well I was at my mums and she had made scones so I had to have it with butter and jam, then my sister opened a packet of crisps and I had to have a few then we went out for dinner and sure I just had to have fish and chips and then pudding to follow...whats the point in going out for a meal if you can't enjoy it etc etc etc etc etc etc etc......I honestly want to loose it with her, it annoys me the our consultant actually gives her 'talking' time because she only spouts the biggest load of crap that none of us want to listen to, I don't think she has any intentions of loosing weight she just comes for the craic at group, i'm all for having a laugh but hate when time wasters take up Image Therapy...rant over!!:rolleyes:

I think every group has someone like this.

We had a lady who would lose and put on the same 1/2lb, during one group we were talking about fry light and she quipped, 'Oh I can't stand that stuff, I use oil for all my cooking'.

Then 15 minutes later after trying to explain the whole oil situation we gave up because she was adamant that using oil in her cooking and on her salads etc... wouldn't be the reason she wasn't losing weight.

xx

We have the most annoying lady at group, every week she's like...I just can't seem to shift this weight blah blah blah, our consultant would ask what she's eating etc and then the list begins....well I was at my mums and she had made scones so I had to have it with butter and jam, then my sister opened a packet of crisps and I had to have a few then we went out for dinner and sure I just had to have fish and chips and then pudding to follow...whats the point in going out for a meal if you can't enjoy it etc etc etc etc etc etc etc......I honestly want to loose it with her, it annoys me the our consultant actually gives her 'talking' time because she only spouts the biggest load of crap that none of us want to listen to, I don't think she has any intentions of loosing weight she just comes for the craic at group, i'm all for having a laugh but hate when time wasters take up Image Therapy...rant over!!:rolleyes:

My first class was similar, most of them seemed to go for the "social" side of it & not take the healthy eating seriously. My last group I loved but there were quite a few ladies who ate like the lady you mentioned only they would still lose EVERY week. I'd sit there wondering how I'd put on week after week (this was over a period of about 6 weeks) when I was 100% & my consultant had no clue either. Thats why I stopped going to class :(

Every group has them. Unfortunately, their fiver is as good as everyone elses and as the consultants are self-employed, these people are given creedence.

Perhaps there should be SW supergroups

For me the only weight that accounts is from my SW weigh in. However, I do weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning with no clothes on and after a wee. I just like to see how my weight goes throughout the week and whether what I've eaten the previous day has any affect. I've found that red days definitely give a boost to my weight loss and if I have bread and cereal bars I gain a bit and if I have loads of carbs then I definitely gain.

I have a good set of scales and always weigh myself on them just before my SW weigh in and they are always within half a pound of my consultant's scales. So I know they are fairly accurate. My SW weigh in is at 10am and by then I've always gained at least a lb since my first thing in the morning weight. That's why I never weigh myself again at home later in day.

Luckily I'm not negatively affected by gains on my scales. This morning my scales showed a gain of just over a lb from yesterday. I was 100% on plan with lots of superfree and only 5 syns. I'm slightly dissapointed but just as determined as ever to stay on track. I've done SW for quite a while now and I'm used to my weight fluctuating.

Back