How on earth are you supposed to peel a pineapple?

ColJack

Gold Member
I bought a pineapple after finding out that tinned pineapple is 2.5syns per 100g.
I'm at a loss as to where to start with peeling the stupid thing..
Any tips?

Chop off the tops and bottom and use a knife to glide along the skin. :)

It's yum but very messy!!

It is quite easy when u get the hang of it and definately worth it!!!

ok, word of warning to everyone.. if you have a job where small cuts on your hands and fingers are common, peeling a pineapple stings like a *****....ow!!!!!!

I've no idea if this thing is ripe, but i can't tell where the good fruit starts and the peel / core ends.. no clear delineation...

Are the seeds edible? can you plant them??? :)

ok, word of warning to everyone.. if you have a job where small cuts on your hands and fingers are common, peeling a pineapple stings like a *****....ow!!!!!!

LOL this was the laugh I needed today sorry! Do you have fun chopping chillies too :D

I also have a Lakeland thingy THE best kitchen gadget EVER, can't imagine doing a pineapple without one now!

i cut the top and bottoms off then cut it in quarters, then slice off the hard bit in the middle you should be able to tell by the feel of the knife if you have cut it all off as it will be tough then i slice across the pineapple then run the knife underneath near the skin, most pineapples have peeling instructions on the label

I've just eaten an entire ready to eat pineapple from asda, itchy tongue alert!!!

I used to do the same as metrognome but then invested in one of the pineapple slicers from 'Studio' (same as the ones from Lakeland). It's the very best £1.50 I've spent for a long time - I just have to remember to place the pineapple in a bowl........ otherwise juice ends up everywhere :8855:

Back