How Soon Can i Join??

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
Hi

Im going to my first WW meeting tonight but im worried now that they will turn me away

I read on the ww website in the pregnancy/breastfeeding FAQ and it says to wait until post natal check before joining. But thats under the breastfeeding section - im not breastfeeding so can i join without going to my 6 week check first?

i only had my baby 2 weeks ago:character00100: i know its soon but i dont want to wait another 4 weeks to start!
i had gestational diabetes when pregnant and am being tested again for 'normal' diabetes on 1st December (10 weeks away) so i want to get to a healthy weight before then to increase my chances of being able to stop taking my insulin :rolleyes:

thanks in advance:)

you need to speak to the leader. IMO its far far too early and you seriously need your body to recover before you think of dieting!

Speak to your leader. IMHO, it is far FAR too early to be thinking of dieting. Fair play to you for thinking about dieting already, but your body has been through the mill. If I were in your shoes I'd take the 4 weeks and enjoy being a new mum.

Hi congratulations Hun on babe :)
Maybe you could just becareful what you eat pre ww, then join in a couple of weeks time?TBH many people slim asap after having babies I've had 3 and after my 2nd and 3rd I started a weight loss plan after 4 weeks. It all depends on you how your babys settled and what headspace your in?
Goodluck with your journey just maybe give yourself a little time to get in a routeen?xx

huge congratulations hun on you little baby i would like to say ask your new leader for advice she might have a plan to suit u needs for now and start u properly with when the time is right i hope u get the correct result when u get them in december good luck tonight x

Hi congratulations Hun on babe :)
Maybe you could just becareful what you eat pre ww, then join in a couple of weeks time?TBH many people slim asap after having babies I've had 3 and after my 2nd and 3rd I started a weight loss plan after 4 weeks. It all depends on you how your babys settled and what headspace your in?
Goodluck with your journey just maybe give yourself a little time to get in a routeen?xx

lol - i can enjoy being a new mum and watch what i eat at the same time

thanks for the congratulations and the advice. im going to go along tonight anyway. like i said, its more for health reasons than vanity! will go it alone until i can go to meetings if neccessary

thanks again

I would say it should be fine. It isn't a punishing VLCD, it is, or should be, a healthy eating plan, so should be fine in my opinion. It is just a way of restricting amounts so as not to be eating over and above what your body needs

Back