How soon to refeed?

auntienicnac

Hi everyone,

I'm on the start of my sixth week and am finding it really hard at the moment missing food and being anti-social. It wa my finance's Birthday yeasterday and I felt so bad by not celebrating and going out for a meal.

I just wondered if it was too early for me to start re-feeding? I thought I could refeed over a longer period of time with just one meal a day, then increase to two meals a day. Then re-join a slimming club like Slimming World. I've lost over two stone, and have droppped a dress size.

Just thought I'd put some feelers out! I had a spoonful of buttercream icing tonight and am in panic mode! :eek:

Nicola x

I did a refeed week after 5 weeks then had a week sensible eating then I've been back on plan for 4.5weeks this time and am going to refeed again tomorrow then try a few weeks sensible eating.

It's really up to you. If you're like me and just can't stand 100% for long periods it's not a bad idea. But be careful - going back to LT is really hard! The one meal then the two meals a day before you introduce carbs are the hardest - I think you could really struggle do to this for a long period of time.

How much more weight do you want to lose? I tried WW last year and lost about 4lbs in 4 months... Terrible!

Also I find during the refeed I get REALLY hungry, it takes far more will power than at any point during 100%.
The first 3 days are horrific. That's the 1 meal/2 meal time before you can have carbs.

Nicola, you've done so well!!! Maybe the question you need to ask yourself is are you ready to refeed and be in a position to either maintain your weight loss and keep losing after? You've made such a good start, personally I would just carry on and fight the demons. You may feel like you're missing out on 'life' but there is so much more life to have the closer you get to your goal. LT is for a short time, although it sometimes feels like forever. Don't blow your accomplishments so far by falling into the old traps. As And says, if you are going to refeed, do it properly and find a way to at least maintain otherwise you will have wasted all the work you've put into the last 6 weeks x x x

Back