How to do Sunday Roast?

Gemini76

I have never made a Sunday roast before and want to do the meat and roast potatoes and probably some carrots all in the oven at the same time, but I don't know how to fit it all of whether I use a baking tray (that came with the oven) or Pyrex dishes sitting on the wire rack, can anyone advise?

I put mine on a wire rack over a baking tray/roasting tray which is deeper. This drains off the fat so the meat doesn't soak it back up. Put it on the rack,season it and cover with foil for most of the cooking time. Remove foil for last 30 mins or so to brown it.I remove skin from chicken or fat from joints before I cook it so noone can be tempted (me with the crispy skin)to taste it.Hope that helps. Post again if you need more info.

You could put the veg in dishes on shelves below the meat or on the rack(but not at the start).If you want to make pot roasts a aslow cooker would be a agood investment-bung it all in and leave to cook.Tesco near me had half price ones last week so worth having a look.

Thanks girls, it's in the oven now so hopefully it will turn out ok!!!

Turned out lovely, thanks for your help!

Back