How to make Chicken Soup

Stevo

Hi All,
I am a new member and would like to thank everyone for there great help and support.
Just coming to an end of my first week. Weigh in tomorrow( cant wait ).
I got one pack of the chicken soup and want to try it tonight but not sure how to cook it. Can i put it in a saucepan and bring to the boil ..? Like regular soup?
From what i read the soup is awfull. So i want to try it before i go to the chemists for my second weeks supply of foods.
Any help appeciated. Ta Verry Much
Stevo.:rolleyes:

I just add boiling water instead of cold water and blend it, and pour it is a bowl. I didn't mind it, in fact liked the change of a savoury taste compared to shakes. Good luck, with the soup and weigh in.

Hi Stevo,
welcome and hope this week wasn't too hard on you. I quite liked the taste of the soup but unfortunately it didn't like me much as I was allergic to it, tingling mouth, lips felt like they were cut. Not said to put you off but just my experience. But as I said I liked the taste and perhaps will try it again as it may have been a toxin thing as I was in week one.
After all that, yes you can put it in a saucepan to heat, I would heat it rather than boil it, let it start to bubble perhaps, when it's hot it should be fine. People recommend blending it with a hand held blender as it helps to make it a bit creamier. I used to pour it into a jug add boiled water and blend it. Some said they liked it in the pot as it felt they were making a meal.
Try it and see, you have nothing to lose. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.
Doirin

Thanks Aoife and Doirin for such a quick response.
I think i like the idea of cooking something. I allways liked cooking and the shakes take minutes to prepare and drink. Dont know what to do with the extra time. Week one went really well apart from the first 3 days. Feel great now. Thanks again
Stevo

Hi Steve, I loved the soup , Always had it for dinner (Savoury and HOT as i was constantly freezing) . Used to just mix it with the boiling water in the bottom of my plastic shaker and stick in hand blender for a minute . makes it lovely and creamy

Hi stevo, what i do is mix it with boiling water and then stick it in the microwave for one min and stir it with a fork , where in southern ireland are you?

Hey, I just put it in a jug with boiling water, and whisked, I pretended the lumps were lumps of chicken...

HAHAHAHAAAA!!

Sorry if that makes any one feel sick :p

Had the soup last night. put mix in a saucepan and pored boiling water in a used a wisk... like making real soup.( liked standing at the cooker again ) The first couple of spoons yummy i tought this was going to be a winner.. but didnt finish it. Going to be choc and strawberry shakes all the way.Hello Katy73 im in the sunny south east.Wexford. And as for Chellywelly... lumps as chicken OMG.
Talk laters
Stevo

Hi stevo, what i do is mix it with boiling water and then stick it in the microwave for one min and stir it with a fork
You're not supposed to microwave the shakes/soup - it destroys the nutrients!

I blend it with hot water until smooth then heat it up in a saucepan, and have it in a bowl with a spoon like a 'proper' meal! LOL!

Chelly- I'm sorry, but Bleurghhhh!!! Lumps like chicken?!? Eurghhhh!!! :p

Back