how to make soup so it doesn't go lumpy?

angi

I tried adding boiling water to the soup, like you would a cup a soup, and it went all lumpy. What is best way of making up the soup to avoid this please? And does the chocolate do the same if you make it hot?

Yeuchy yeuch soup!! I hated it! Best way to make it IMO is to pour hot water into cup first. Then insert hand blender and slowly add the sachet. I always used a hand blender and beaker to mix shakes etc. It made them frothier and more tasty.
Enjoy!

I did the soup a little different.
I added the powder to cold water an blended but I then microwaved the soup for 3 minutes and it came out pretty good.
No lumps :)

ITSBUBBLES

Hi,

I just joined forum today and 2nd day on TFR, I made hot chocolate by mixing powder with some percolated coffee about half a cup and then added hot water, I use my hand held electric blender for hot and cold drinks and no lumps. I actually use 1 litre of water for all the shakes so makes drinking all that water easier, have not tried soup yet and the MDF bars are no real treat !!!

Hi,

I just joined forum today and 2nd day on TFR, I made hot chocolate by mixing powder with some percolated coffee about half a cup and then added hot water, I use my hand held electric blender for hot and cold drinks and no lumps. I actually use 1 litre of water for all the shakes so makes drinking all that water easier, have not tried soup yet and the MDF bars are no real treat !!!

Hi hope you don't mind me commenting but the idea of drinking the water is to be drunk throughout the day! to keep hunger at bay among other things! drinking one litre of water in one go is not good for you especially if you are not used to drinking it! You should really stick approximately to the amount of water it suggests or a little bit more or less is my understanding! :D good luck with diet x

I put the boiled water in a measuring cup, add the soup and use a handheld blender on it. When it's all mixed I stick it in the microwave for another 30 seconds or so, to make it nice and hot, so I eat it a bit slower. Then, I pour it in a nice bowl, and 'enjoy'!

I put cold water approx 450ml in a saucepan then add the soup and stir with a wisk and cook it on the hob..

The extra water counts towards my water intake and cooking it on the hob makes me feel like I've cooked and eaten a proper meal

itsbubbles

Hi all, been away for a couple of days, just to clarify, altho I mix shakes in 1 litre of water (probably 90 cl actually) I still drink approx 8 to 12 glasses of water thruout day as otherwise my mouth feels like I have eaten cats furballs, I sometimes mix sparkling and plain water just for variety

Good luck to all with program :jelous:

I've found that if you put the powder in first and then add the hot water very slowly it works. Add a little bit of water and whisk into a kind of paste and then add more and more and keep whisking. Takes a bit longer but if you do it gradually it's not lumpy. All the best x

Well after trying a few different methods I've found the best way for me is to do it in the electric blender. Yes the steam does make the lid try to shoot off, so what I do is cover the top with a tea towel and put the blender on for literally a second, after that it is fine to blend as the steam has already escaped. May splatter out if you're not careful though so take care when trying this. Will also try the hand held blender in a jug method too, as may be less washing up afterwards! Thanks

Hi angi the way to make the chicken soup is to put 300ml of water in shaker add your packet of chicken soup and shake just like making up a normal shake then pour into a mug and heat for 3 mins in microwave hope this helps u :D

Back