Hot Soup

JesseA

for me winter is all about hot soups. Since I am a vegeterian I liked this Comforting Vegetable Soup.This warm, light, and nutritious breakfast soup can be enjoyed with a bowl of amaranth or rice. You can also add seasonal vegetables of your choice to it and top it with toasted sesame seeds for crunch.

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)

Ingredients
2 Carrot, thinly sliced2 Spring onion, thinly sliced1/2 stalk of lemongrass½ cup of mix vegetables3 cups Basic Broth1 Small handful dulse (or any other sea vegetable of your choice)1/2 t black pepper powderSalt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)

Method
In a large pot, add carrots, onions, mix vegetables, broth, and dulse and bring it to boil over high flame.Bruise the lemongrass stalk and add it to the boiling pot. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low flame.Add Salt and Black Pepper and mix well.Serve it hot with rice or amaranth

Serving suggestions
When digestion is low or in winters, whisk a spoonful of miso paste in a small bowl of warm broth and add it into the soup after removing it from the stove.

Source Iahas.com

That sounds delicious. I shall try some lemongrass in my soup next week. Thank you!

Back