How to star in a magazine/newspaper?

rainbowdrops22

I am at the very VERY start of my weight loss journey, but once I get there it is my dream to be in Woman's Own or the Weight Watchers magazine. How do people get in them? Do you apply or do they find you through Weight Watchers? Do you always get a makeover? And do you get paid (don't have to tell me how much thats a bit personal)?

I would LOVE to know.

xoxo Beth

Im not really that sure but many magazines have the real life stories section, lots of sunday newspapers have magizines offering £100 for true story's, Im sure that there is alot of different types of media sections which would love to have hear your story. Good luck with the journey :D

Hi Beth, I just took part in a photoshoot/makeover for Fabulous magazine.
I was contacted via twitter by a freelance journalist.
Me and my two sisters (who have also lost weight) were taken to London, chauffered (sp) arround, given breakfast and lunch, as well as a really run photoshoot, plus £200 each!
It was a fantastic experience!

Hi Beth - I reckon CH1989 is right that some magazines tend to be on the look out for these sort of human interest stories and offer around £100 or so - you could keep a look out for the articles in existing mags and take a note of the editor details etc.

I'm sure Weight Watchers will have Awards for their "Biggest loser" or their "Woman of the Year" or their "Mr & Mrs" or whatever, as Slimming World do - so check with your Consultant (discretely)? Good Luck with your weightloss journey and your success story!

My hubby and I won my Group's Mr & Mrs Slimming World 2009, we got through to the National Finals at Head Office and had a great weekend away, all expenses paid, didn't get into a magazine or anything though - we didn't win the overall title but we had lost 8st between us at that point (March) - we've lost another 2st between us so far and I'm struggling onto get rid of my extra bits - not much more to go! Incidentally, the couple who won overall had lost an amazing 20st between them and that got them into the Slimming World Magazine with the full photo shoot etc. - They also got a great holiday or £2,000 in cash courtesy of Slimming World (not sure what they chose as their prize) - They're embassadors for the year until the title's handed over next year to the next worthy winner of the title!

Hey Anne - that all sounds really brill for you and your sisters! - Have you actually seen the article in print yet? I hope you had some say in what actually went into the magazine? When can we all get a copy?

Well done - Loads o'luck'n'sttuff like that!

Hi Jacky, yes I have seen the story first to approve and I did tweek it a little!
The article should be published in October, they are contacting me to let me know exact date.

Anne - Best o'luck'n'stuff with this - keep us updated with this one? Cheers x

I would love to be able to do something like that when i've lost all this weight =)

Back