How to stay strong?

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hey all, hope your enjoying your weekend!

My OH is away tonight so I will be spending the night alone. This is really rare so im pretty nervous about being alone.

Its not just being alone thats worrying me, it's my lack of wilpower too. When the OH is here he will help to keep me on track as I dont have a lot of self-control! Im worried that I will binge the moment he is gone.

In my head i think to myself 'yup, im gonna go out to tesco and buy loads of naughty foods' but im also telling myself 'no dont do it, it's not worth it' !! But because I lack in will power im worried I might just go out to get stuff!

Does anyone else get like this? If so, how do you get over this?

OH leaves at 4:30pm! xxxxx

do you like fruit? Or you could make any of the nice recipes on here or in the S W mag if you have one. If you make up a really filling meal and snack after on fruit and then have a small "naughty" and syn it you should be OK. And if you drink plenty of water that will fill you up too. You can do it, and think how pleased you will be with yourself tomorrow! Good luck

Im saving my syns so I can have a kitkat and maybe some quark mixed with white options later. I STILL dont have any water here so a bubblebath is out of the question at the moment otherwise I would have done that!

Thanks ladies xx

If you have chance, go to the shop WITH YOUR OH, before he leaves - this way you can pick up what you want/need, with your support/conscious by your side!!

Make a soup/stew - that way you can dip into it all night..

If you can, as soon as your OH leaves, change into your PJ's.. that way you'll be less tempted to 'pop out to the shop' if you have to get changed again. Also, lock up tight - another barrier to leaving the house!!

I second getting a good film on - distraction is key!!! but don't get a 'chick-flick' that's sad... Nothing worse for needing chocolate!!!

Plan when you are going to have your syns - that way you might be able to convince yourself to stay on track until then... Think how happy you'll be, having syns without feeling guilty!!!

Nail varnish is the saviour of wandering fingers!!!!

Plan what to have for an on-plan breakfast tomorrow...

Plan a lovely meal for when your OH comes back home..

Come on here!!!! As I said before, distraction is key!!!!

HTH - Have a nice night!!

lol thanks, really appreciate that advice!
im going to be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yaaaaaaa!!!!!!
will do my nails and get my james bond box set out tonight me thinks, curl up on the sofa in pj's with a nice cuppa tea and my kitkat lol

xxxx cheers all xxxxx

let us know how it goes .. good luck

You have time to make up some sugar free jelly (if you got any in cupboard). It's 0.5syns per quarter of what you make up. Really hits the sweet spot.

I second the put your pjs on suggestion, I always do this when I know I'm in for the night (I live on my own), really puts me off going to the local spar for naughty stuff.

The good news is that when your Oh leaves most supermarkets will be shutting as it's a sunday so that should remove temptation!

Make up lots of syn free/low syn snacks like SW chips, crudities and SW dips, fruit salad etc. I find picky food really helps when I'm in one of those moods.

HTH and good luck!

x

Make up your favorite meal, a nice big portion of it, with plenty of superfree - SW stylee. That way you have that to dig into. If you haven't had any syns yet today, perhaps save them for later for a treat afterwards.

You could make up a nice bowl of fresh fruit salad too and keep that in the fridge to much through. I am loving slices of banana at the minute with fresh pomegranate, such a yummy snack.

and agree with the PJ's thing, make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee, run a hot bath and have a nice soak, then get into nice clean PJ's, like others have said you will be less tempted to go out for naughties.

My water isnt back on yet, it ben 24 hours now :( but i have fruit which i will cut up and snack on with some sweetener on top i think :)

lots of fruit to snack on and you could still have your quark with options.
my hubbys just gone away today too, hes gone for the week so this is my first time on my own since i started this 6 month ago. he is going away for 8 weeks soon too so it'll be a good tester lol. good luck hope u get on ok tonight xx

I tend to do a fakeaway when I'm on my own. On Friday I did an Indian- aloo gobi, prawn and courgette curry and pilau rice and as I had a HExB I could have had garlic pitta (instead of naan) too... I also do HExB Pitta Pizza and SW Cheesy chips, or a syn free chinese. :)

Sounds good shrimpy, im on a red day today otherwise i would have had something carb-tastic lol.

OH has left now, the test begins!

Good luck, pjs are a great idea, will use that myself!

Lots to drink and eat your syns slowly, I find if I get into reading the net or a good book the time flies and its bedtime.

My oh is away today too, for two weeks... I'm convinced him being away will help keep me motivated to stay on plan. I'm determined to get my half stone award before he comes back. And I want him to tell me my double chin is going, because that's his measure of my weight loss!!

I have planned all my meals for the next week to keep me 100%, but I am unsure what to have for tea tonight. Was going to have mince&tatties, but not sure if I can be bothered now, have a splitting headache n just want to cozy up for the rest of the day. Might just do some wedges with beans and HEA cheese or something...

Hope you survive the night!! xx

You can have the prawn curry and remove the potato from the gobi and then cauliflower rice?

Or have a big meatfeast pitta pizza?

Or make something really stodgy a garlic chicken casserole or something?

Back