How?

Sparkle

Gold Member
I don't know what to do. I'm really struggling, I've fallen off the wagon big time. I haven't followed the plan for more then a day for a few weeks now.

I just keep thinking, if I ever lose the weight I'm still going to be on a diet the rest of my life, I'm still going to be watching what I eat.

I'm fed up with obsessing about food, I've had enough. It's on my mind all the time, whether I'm hungry or not. During the last few weeks I have I purged, vomited, and purged some more. I don't consider myself to be bulimic. I don't set out planning to vomit, I just end up eating too much (I can't stop, even when I feel sick I continue) and then feeling ill. There's no regularity to it either, it's not like it's a few times a week or something. Anyway, that's not my point.

I desperately want to eat healthily, I desperately want to KNOW how to eat healthily. I know that the way I follow WW isn't healthy, I eat too much rubbish. I know the way I follow SW or any other plan isn't healthy, because I eat the same thing all the time.

I don't know of different meals to try, I pretty much have the same meals every week. I don't know how to cook, I'm too lazy to learn. I can't afford a meal replacement diet, and even if I could I don't have the will power.

I really hate myself right now, and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I just feel like I'm going to be like this forever. I'm so tired of hating myself, of not being able to look in the mirror, of eating for the sake of it.

How do I fix this? What do I do?

First of all you take a deep breath and stop beating yourself up.

You say you can't cook and don't want to learn. Why? You could set it up as a project - a simply cookbook of recipes that interest you. That might help you because cooking your own food gives you an appreciation for how it can and should taste.

I guess what I'm saying is that you need to take a step back and be nice to yourself, look at what works for you and what doesn't, then make a decision. :hug99: Wish I had more answers for you Sparkle.

Oh Sparkle, you poor thing :grouphugg:

It sounds like you are struggling with huge issues around food, which aren't going to go away- how about going to your doctor and see if they can refer you to a counsellor? They could help you break your current cycle of binging and vomiting, as well as addressing your problem with hating yourself.

You say you don't know of different meals to try, and you don't know how to cook. How about buying a weight watchers recipe book? There are step-by-step instructions to help you cook, and they're full of meal ideas. The weight watchers magazine also has lots of meal ideas in it to help you with planning different meals.

Alternatively, when I was doing weight watchers I found the ready meals really helpful- I was getting a balanced meal, and I knew exactly how many points were in them. The frozen ones are often on offer in supermarkets so you could stock up for when you're stuck for meal ideas.

Don't hate yourself sparkle, we are all only human after all. Losing weight is HARD, and you are certainly not the first person to struggle.

I really hope you overcome this

Thinking about you xxx

Sparkle, only just spotted this thread. We've missed you being around.

Im so sorry things arent going well at the moment. I dont know what to suggest :( MissPiggyFi made a good suggestion about ready meals, Im not keen on the WW ones but love Tescos ones which as you know come already pointed :)

Youve done really well on WW but it sounds like other things have just (rightly so) taken priority for a few weeks. I know what you mean about the vomiting, Ive done that too when Ive eaten so much Ive made myself ill.

I wish I could think of something more helpful to say to you, just dont give up!!! Come back and at least start posting a bit, that in itself will help you get more focused, then decide, do you want to continue with WW or move to something else. I still think WW is the best one for you. Youve done well on it before.

Thinking of you *HUGS*

Back