How's the cycling ?

Frontier-Phil

Silver Member
Hi All

A few of you a remember have got new bikes and or have returned to cycling.
Well I have been doing well of late and up to 15 miles every other night it taking me around 1hour 15mins I am really pleased with my progress:D. The route I take is uo and down so I get a real workout.:eek:

How are you lot doing? Is there anyone interested in having a go?

Phil x

Hi Phil
I bought a new bike a couple of years ago and didnt go out last year at all. I am planning on going out now - just hope it still works!

I have also invested in a pedometer and trying to walk more. I strive for 10000 steps a day but usually fail miserably so thinking of lowering my target to 7000.

I am full of good intentions but need to be more active

Well done to you on your cycling.

Sarah

me and the Oh usually go out at the weekends. we do between 10 - 20 miles depending on where the pub is we are aiming for!!

I am a bit of whimp in the weather so as it hasnt been that great lately i have taken the car to work instead of the bike!! doh!! **slaps hand**

Hi
Have been out on my bike lately as a few of us from work are doing a chrity ride on 14th June. It is 26 miles and flat so should be okay.
Last week we managed 6 miles in 45 mins and last night 8 miles in an hour - felt good as managed a few hilly bits that we didn't last week.
It certainly helps when you have someone to go cycling with.
Next time we will get out will be Monday night.
Hope to keep on cycling even after the charity ride.
Irene

Sounds really great !! I like the idea of charity biking, might look into this, eh get fit and make a bit of dosh for a good cause. The OH and I have done a few events over the years the best one was a single ( not tandem) free fall parachute jump (OMG) the of the the most thrilling thing I have done in my life !!!. My Oh raise not so long ago 15K for a Romainian orphanage!!

Phil x

Haven't been out on my new bike at all this week.
Still just going round the block though as i don;t feel very confident on it, feel like I'm going to fall off at the slightest thing. Even going round corners is scary.

Sounds really great !! I like the idea of charity biking, might look into this, eh get fit and make a bit of dosh for a good cause. The OH and I have done a few events over the years the best one was a single ( not tandem) free fall parachute jump (OMG) the of the the most thrilling thing I have done in my life !!!. My Oh raise not so long ago 15K for a Romainian orphanage!!

Phil x
Wow! You guys rock! £15k is HUGE what a great OH you have!

Havent been out on my bike at all this week and I hate not going out but life and the weather got in the way. Im used to cycling alot and when I take a break its soo00o0 hard to get back up to where I was! I usually do 5-15 a day and its v noticeable in my loss if I dont go out often.

Glad you are enjoying your cycling :)

I have been trying to enthuse OH into us getting bikes for a couple of years now, and I think he's finally getting the idea! He agreed in front of no2 son last week that we should get some! Watch this space!...... We could go for picnics in our wonderful hot summer! It's very rural round here.

I used to love going for bike rides when I was a teenager but sadly when I was at university my old bike got a bit forgotten and sadly not fit for the road anymore. My very kind mother in law gave me her snazzy claude butler that she never used and me and the oh have a child seat on each of the bikes and we can take our two young boys out for a ride. Lately I have started going in the evenings on my own but can't do anywhere near the distances I used too. I am doing 6 miles at the moment and went at 6.30am and it was beautiful. I'm very pleased I live in the fens though, don't think I could cope with hills yet ;)

just off out on our bikes now, the kids don't want to do the long route today so we'll just go a few miles and i'll watch them eating ice creams at the beach as i had a very synful day yesterday:(

Hooray !! just got back from a wonderful bike ride that took us up and down in beautiful countryside, coastal routes. We decided to get up early and make the most of the great weather. I hitched up my 4yr olds tag a long bar to my bike and , dusted off the OH bike. We packed a super healthy picnic and off we went. After about 15 miles we stopped off in the town of Sandwich in Kent and had our picnic on the banks of the river Stour, the sun was just lovely and that breeze of the coast was devine. After being suitably refreshed we headed for the ice crean van parked on the quayside the OH and my son had a Mr softie and I had a lovely Calipo ( Tropical Strawb) really nice and just what the doctor ordered. After our treat we headed back to Deal via the road called the Ancient Highway, history has it that ruffians and bad dooers used to waylay travellers in the past. In fact there are two grave stones of smugglers that were hanged situated 2 miles from the town walls ( that will teach them ) LOL !. We cycled into Deal and then along the seafront towards the Pier ( about 5 miles) and stopped for a quick cuppa. After a break we decided to head home to our village another 5 miles. The breeze kept us really cool and was welcomed by the end of our journey. We managed 22.5 miles in total and we were all very pleased.

I was think later while cutting the lawn, that I was actually pulling the total weight of my son and his bike that amounts to the ntotal sum of what I have actually lost on the SW plan.... I must say I feel pretty pleased with myself today !!!

Anyone else been out on the bikes today ?

Phil xxxx

I live on the north kent coast and the wind was blowing a good un today, cycling down the cliff tops near us we had to pedal like crazy just to get down the hill! Only managed a few miles as the headwind was so strong but the journey back was much quicker, sadly my resolve didn't last and i had half a lager on the way back, oops!!

I used to have a cracking bike but it got nicked out of my back garden. I did buy myself a new bike but the gears slip. I keep meaning to get them sorted but never seem to have the time, so the bike is sadly confined to the shed for the time being. I'll have to make do with the gym 3 times times a week for now.

It shouldn't cost alot to sort the gears out I'm sure. The weather has been brill for cycling at the mo

Phil

I know, think it's about a tenner. I was sat in the garden today thinking how nice it would be to be cycling through the local nature reserve. I'll get it sorted soon, just need the time ;)

Whoop whoop! back on me bike today. biked to work. felt great. dont know why i left it. been about 3 weeks since i biked to work. have done the weekend rides but feels better going to work. thinking bout all them pennys saved in petrol. :)

fanx phil!! on my bike again today!! my mum passed me bless her. she stopped in a layby to wait for me. she told me how impressed she was with me biking bless her, and was impressed i was wearing all me kit.

so fanx mum! gave me a little boost for the day!!!

Back