Hubby's making me fat!

DollyD

I diet so well for about 3 days of the week then one night with my husband on the "pop" and it's followed by binge eat hangover day... which lasts the whole weekend. The typical, oh well i've ruined it now i'll start again Monday. I'd do so well if it wasn't for the dreaded Friday night binge drink but i can't say no to him, i'm so stuck in a rut.

Please help!

What 'hangover' food do you have. If it's a big fry up, how about cooking the eggs & mushrooms in frylite, having your hexb wholemeal for toast, beans & some low syn sausages or I like the Linda McCartney quorn ones which are syn free.

It's all about planning you can have a few drinks on a Friday night but you need to get back on track the next day & start to get out of the 'I've blown it' attitude.

I diet so well for about 3 days of the week then one night with my husband on the "pop" and it's followed by binge eat hangover day... which lasts the whole weekend. The typical, oh well i've ruined it now i'll start again Monday. I'd do so well if it wasn't for the dreaded Friday night binge drink but i can't say no to him, i'm so stuck in a rut.

Please help!

Been there, try fry light, the worst thing I can ever eat is bread! it doesn't matter what type I like it, bread hate's me. IF I cut out the bread and have egg, tomatoes/beans, quorn sausage i'm ok, . Good luck anyway hun, :) x

hi DollyD, Fry lite is a great way to have some of the things you would have considered bad before, also try to get a bit of excersise in that way you will be encouraging weight loss on the days you might not be being good on :) Welcome to the forum as well :)

Thank you all for your advice, i'll give it a go and thank you for the welcome. I lost 14lb for my wedding on slimming world and was happy with my weight at 11st, of course i'd like to be 8.7 again but i'm 33 so have given up the goose on that one. Since the wedding i've gained 28lb and feel awful. It doesn't sound like a lot but i've crept up to just over 13 stone, it's the heaviest i've ever been.

I'm getting the piss taken out of me constantly at work for overeating,all my friends are health freaks, they even posted pictures on my facebook of the chocolate and junk food i had in my shopping bag from dinner,it was devastating.

I just feel fed up and stuck in a rut.

DollyD, just think how good your going to feel at goal weight and the look on their faces because in the end what your doing is an acheivment so you keep at it mate and if it get too much, thats what we are here for :)

I know how you feel about having the pee taken out of you, my work mates post pics on my Facebook page if I'm not in I get McDonald's pics or stuff like that posted. They tease me with biscuits and chocolates. Sometimes I do give in, but in a way they're doing me favour because I'm too embarrassed to eat it... I don't think it's deliberately to hurt me but it does sometimes.

Keep at though. You'll feel great as the weight starts to come off!

I also enjoy a friday night on the pop :D Only been doing this two weeks but that was definitely what I thought would be the biggest stumbling block.

I've been doing weekly syns and saving most of them for Friday night, that seems to work for me but it depends on whether you can do without syns through the week. AS others have said, if a fry up is your hangover cure then do the sw one, I find it just as satisfying as my old ones. Also, make sure you don't have 'hangover' treats in the house and stock up on sw alternatives.

Another trick I use (learnt from my ex-alkie dad, my drinking isn't like his though, I'm just your typical weekend drinker) is to take one step at a time - this can be related to food as much as drink. Say to yourself 'I can go for an hour without x fatty food' and take each hour at a time instead of thinking 'I can never have x'. Or even 'I can go for five minutes without x' if an hour is too long!

Hi! I know exactly what you mean, my hubby is wonderful but he can eat literally anything he wants and never gain weight. If he does, he stops eating junk for about a day and loses the weight immediately! It's so hard when you're surrounded by tempting food and you want to be able to share in what your other half is having as well. Definitely wish I had a fast metabolism!!
Xx

Back