Huge weight to lose...

MrsM2013

Hi guys and girls :)

I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago tomorrow....weigh in for me tomorrow evening! eeek! lol

First week I lost 4.5lbs! Really pleased...had it in my head I would lose a few more than that as I constantly read people losing loads in the first week, but 4.5lbs is still good! Im hoping 2.5lbs tomorrow night, to make my first 1/2 stone but dont know if it will happen!

I have a LOT of weight to lose, but am so glad Im doing SW and eating properly, no fads for me!

My genetics are against me, my mum reached 32 stone before going private for a gastric bypass - diets have never worked for her! So much so that she lost half her body weight, and has now put half of that back on, WITH the gastric bypass! Im hoping I can change the cycle but we shall see! My sister is the same weight as me - well half a stone heavier, my aunt, my nan (all the women in the family!)

I hope I can crack it this time! I did slimming world over 10 years ago when I was 16-18 years old and lost about 6 stone, so hoping I can achieve that and more this time too!

Good luck Mrs M, I've got around the same to lose so will keep popping by to check up on you. It was my first weigh day today and i lost 3lbs, I was a bit disappointed too as I wanted a big number, but at the end of the day a loss is a loss and if I lose that much every week it's over 150lbs in a year! Good luck for your second weigh in!

Good luck to you too cheese thief! (Stop nicking the cheese! Unless its a healthy b choice :p)

its nice to know I'm not alone at my size doing this as I'm the biggest at group, of those that stay anyway and there's loads on holiday apparently too!

It seems so wrong to be eating so much but on a diet! I've never eaten as much as I am now! I don't use many syns, and they are only used on lighter than light mayo and a cereal bar or if a meal I'm making contains syns etc

i was dreading missing chocolate as that's my real big vice but as I've got the chocolate alpen light bars/rocky road Hifi bar I don't feel like I'm missing out and as its not 'chocolate' like proper chocolate I don't eat it and then want more :) neer thought I would see the day lol I know I can have normal chocolate and syn it but don't want to risk the temptation....not yet, not until I'm really settled in properly if you know what I mean!

Good luck on your weight loss, how much do you have to lose?

I had my second weigh in tonight and lost 3lb, half a stone in 2 weeks...as I had done a shake diet before slimming world I am happy with the way it's coming off and still being able to eat so much :)

good luck and congrats on your progress :) I have about 7stone to loose, i try not to think about how long the road ahead is!
I heard in class tonight that eating a vinegary snack like beetroot gherkins pickled eggs (yuck) can stop a sweet craving!?
going to try it this week as I am a mega chocolate fiend. and cake and pastry etc etc etc

xx

Thank you all! I have about 13 stone to lose! That's the hope anyway, tbh I've not been 10 stone since I was a child! I've always been big so that probably won't happen for me anyway! We will see, I don't want to look ill so I think on e I get down to a weight that I look healthy with then ill to with that!

well done hib on your half stone! I hope to be there with you at weigh in tonight!

Hanngun I've not heard that tip so thank you! And good luck with your loss! How are you doing so far? Looks like 5lb more and you reach your stone! Well done! :)

Hello MrsM, welcome to the forum, obviously all of our weight losses and journeys are relative my weight loss needs to be (he say's) only 7stone but you mustn't look at it as a massive target that's going to take you years!! No mate, look at it as first I need to lose 1/2 a stone then I need to work towards my stone and so on and so forth you have made a great step in the right direction, you have joined us on here ;) tiny steps mate and in only a short while you'll be looking back and wondering what all the fuss was about. Good luck ;)

Hello the caretaker :)

your pictures are very inspirational! What a transformation you look great :)

if I can lose anything near you have ill be so happy! I'm so motivated this time around I want this so much! I can't keep living the way I am, although my health isn't affected by it I want to feel and look better and prevent weight related age issues!

I'm sure we will all do well...to get over my sweet craving I eat a lot of banana and custard mullerlights and grapes! Or a frozen curly wurly for 6 syns - it takes ages to eat when frozen so even better!!

hb...someone else told me that on my first night at SW! Haven't tried it yet, I keep forgetting to get a curly wurly as I avoid the chocolate aisle! haha

Just home from my second weigh in....2.5lb loss! :D I received my half stone award and I was also slimmer of the week :D So happy right now!!!

Thanks hlb!

Another good day today! Restrained myself very well at lunch time! My colleagues all had fish and chips from the local take away and I stuck to my guns and had ham, egg salad! Didnt even feel crappy because of it - it felt good!

hb...someone else told me that on my first night at SW! Haven't tried it yet, I keep forgetting to get a curly wurly as I avoid the chocolate aisle! haha

Just home from my second weigh in....2.5lb loss! :D I received my half stone award and I was also slimmer of the week :D So happy right now!!!

Aww well done, that's brill! Getting your half stone award after just 2 weeks is incredible! I'm on my second week too, would be over the moon if i managed my 7lb award. Keep it up and congrats on the fantastic start!

It's definitely possible cheese thief!

Ive stuck to it rigidly! I've had no proper chocolate and no bread since starting and those two things I love!!

Alpen light bar/Hifi rocky road are my chocolate fix now - 3 syns :)

Hiya! Have you found the WEMITTs sub-forum, under Slimming Clubs? It's for people who have a lot to lose - it doesn't matter what plan you're on. It stands for We Mean It This Time, which you can no doubt relate to! It's an active and lively forum. :) xx

No I haven't Tracy but thank you will have a look now!

MrsM you are doing so well!! I am a couple of weeks behind you- I started slimming world 3 weeks ago and it's been going well so far (as normal). I have joined and rejoined countless times! but hopefully this is the last time!!!
Our start weights are similar and i'm hoping i can carry on losing the same as you have too :D
looking forward to following your journey :)

Back