Hummus

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as fat free/syn free humous? I love humous and carrots but don't think is free? Anyone know the syn value of reduced fat humous? Really need to nail this:) thanks so much . Need lots of advice on free snacks also...I'm a grazer!

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as fat free/syn free humous? I love humous and carrots but don't think is free? Anyone know the syn value of reduced fat humous? Really need to nail this:) thanks so much . Need lots of advice on free snacks also...I'm a grazer!

you could make your own

1 tin chick peas , drain liquid into a cup as you will need some
1 lemon, squeezed
1 Large Clove Garlic
Salt
Smoked Paprika
Garlic Powder
Frylight

METHOD

Put chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic and a little of the chickpea liquid and whizz on high power until smooth. Add more liquid if too thick. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl down and re-whizz where needed

Add the juice of 1 lemon, a shake of smoked paprika, salt and a shake of garlic powder.

Whizz again

Taste and season as you prefer using additional salt, paprika or garlic powder

It really is down to taste.

Then add a few sprays of Frylight and whizz again.

Refrigerate.

Serve with sliced red,orange and yellow peppers, cucumber and carrot batons

Sounds lovely Tink, but technically I suppose that's a tweak! I'd have it though lol :)

It's not a tweak it's in sw website. Don't ask me why not but its not

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

And a word of warning - if you really like hummus and you try the SW recipe, you may be sorely disappointed! It's the tahini and the oil that make hummus so yummy, in my opinion. The SW version is just chickpea dip: nice enough in its own way, but not hummus!

I add tahini when I make SW hummus - a tablespoon is about 5 or 6 syns and I find this enough for a whole can of chickpeas, which makes 3 big pots of hummus, so 2 syns each. I think the syns are well worth it to get the sesame flavour of the tahini. I find SW hummus too bland without it.

Waitrose does a good reduced fat one. As well as the large pots, they do it in diddy little pots too, which helps (me) with portion control. No idea of syns as I don't have access to the website at the moment.

Back