Husband on high calorie diet!!!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
My darling OH starts radiotherapy treatment in a couple of weeks and we are now under instruction to make his diet as high calorie as possible!!

This is just so wierd and completely the opposite to EVERYTHING I have done for the past 2 years. I now have to fill the house full of full fat milk, cream, cheese, high fat snacks, add butter/oil/cream to all my cooking and fill the cupboards with peanut butter, nutella and other previously 'banned food'

Obviously, having the treatment and eating this way is the absolutely most important thing in the world at the moment, and every other problem (including having to both eat different meals and me NOT raiding the cupboards) goes out of the window but I know you guys will understand how WIERD this will be for me! The advice is to "take every opportunity to ADD calories to any food you eat"

This is going to mess up my head- lol

:giggle: Its funny how the doctors are all screaming to lose weight but the best thing for your hubby is to have loadsa cals!

You will be fine, this is for him and you know that :) Only thing you have to do is keep away from the cupboards!!! Mebbe padlock it and give him the key? :giggle:

Best wishes to your OH on his treatment.

I'm not sure I would have the willpower around all those high calorie foods! Make sure you also have your favourite SW friendly foods in the cupboard so you are less likely to succumb.

I wish ur oh well wishes and hope eerything goes smooth for u all....

Have an idea :)

This could be a positive? Everytime u raid something naughty, either give it ur oh or get him to take it off u and eat it himself :) so he gets the cals and u don't
Lol

:)

Try looking at it this way...the high cal food is HIS MEDICINE, its what is needed to get him thru this, you wouldn't touch someone elses medicine normally would you?

Best wishes to you both thru this
What a brilliant way of looking at it! That's a great thought
xxx

Only just seen this CP.

Best wishes to your OH for his treatment. I hope it goes well. And fingers crossed for you too. It won't be easy. I understand that this is the best thing for him and therefore takes priority over everything else but I can equally understand why it is also hard and a bit worrying for you too.

I like the ideas above.

Good luck and hope all goes well for your OH and for you.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Only just seen this CP.

Best wishes to your OH for his treatment. I hope it goes well. And fingers crossed for you too. It won't be easy. I understand that this is the best thing for him and therefore takes priority over everything else but I can equally understand why it is also hard and a bit worrying for you too.

I like the ideas above.

Good luck and hope all goes well for your OH and for you.

Gail x

+1 hope all goes well x

Best of luck to you both at this time. Have you got things like protien and carb powders (the name and brand escape me but I am sure there our there?) My Mum who is a foster carer was advised to put them in the food of kids who had come to us after being malnourished/neglected so they could gain weight and grow. Might be an idea?

Keeping everything crossed for your hubby hon. I've been in the same situation with mine after he had abdominal surgery - hope everything goes well xxx

Thinking of u, ur oh & family. I'm sure all will be fine & I'm sure all his food will taste too fatty, yucky for u x

Back