husks

INTHESUMMEROF69

ok, I have never tried Husks before so , first where do i buy them and can you tell me how much they count as on CD ?and how much should you use ?
Thank you

Do you mean isphagula husks? Used to treat constipation- they are allowed on cd i believe. Can get them from health food shops, i got some from barrats. They are a bit like granules of bran, no real taste as such. You put a few spoons (can't remember how much) into water stir like mad then drink. Its not nice as they do not dissolve and its like drinking grit but they do work. Some people sprinkle them into foods/porridge to make it more palatable. Personally i used to drink it and get it over with asap! Hope it helps xx

I think these are the ones , I heard someone on here once say they put them in the shakes to thicken them up . must be the same ones , but I didn't know it was because of loo troubles ha ha

you guys are thinking of psyllium husks , i would search for the threads on them as there were loads a few months ago and lots of people were making hot porridge with the toffee and walnut shake but it can take a few attempts so i would look for the threads first to get some tips.

I use the psyllium husk powder from Holland and Barrat. It's called Colon care + or something like that. I add heaped teaspoon to my shakes and it does thicken them I dont like to make it too stodgy though. The husks work well help to prevent constipation. A large tub was about £11. Hope this helps.

Back