Hxb sw chips

I assume you're having a red day, but you can't have SW chips as a hexb. It would need to be boiled potatoes or jacket potaoe & I'm sorry I can't remember the weight.

I dont do red days, so I might have interpreted this wrongly, but I've just checked the book and the allowance is "227g baking potato (including skin) raw weight"

Surely, as long as you leave the skin on, how you cook the potato is up to you? (Obv not deep frying or anything like that). So I'd have thought chips/wedges made with skin left on and cooked in frylight would be fine.

Like I say, I dont do red days, so maybe someone who does is better placed to advise.

course you can make potato into chips on a red day as long as it weighs 227g before cooking and leave skin on i make wedges very often on red day

The reason I said SW chips are not allowed on a red day is because it's not in the SW book or on 'net as being allowed on a red day.

Having SW chips on a red day is 'tweaking' the plan.:rolleyes:

But 227g baking potato with skin on IS allowed. And you have to cook it somehow - and as long as its not made with added butter, fat, oil etc how you cook it is surely up to you? That's not tweaking the plan - that's cooking raw food!

The reason I said SW chips are not allowed on a red day is because it's not in the SW book or on 'net as being allowed on a red day.

Having SW chips on a red day is 'tweaking' the plan.:rolleyes:

No it's definitely not tweaking. :confused: 227g of raw potato with skin is what you're allowed - how you cook it is up to you (provided you dont add other stuff such as oil).

eg when they say "113g of RAW chicken" or whatever - they dont literally mean you have to eat it RAW - it's just that's how much you should measure prior to cooking. This applies to potatoes, parsnips or whatever just as much as it does meat, cheese, fish etc :)

I mostly do red days and have always had syn free chips, as stated 227g with skin on. I think the confusion lies with the wording, "227g baking potato" I understand this to mean a large old potatoe rather than you have to bake it. I eat syn free chips a lot and have got to target, so personally I would continue.If you find your loss slowing or stopping, then perhaps think differently. I think the book is a bit confusing.

I interpret that as you may have a 227g baked potato as a hexb.

Personally, I don't do chips this way myself - I do them as e/easy or green.

Has anyone actually managed to find a potato that weighs exactly 227g? - impossible lol;)

am I right in thinking you can also have 197g of new potatoes with the skin on as a HexB on a red day? I love these boiled then sliced up and either roasted or quickly fried in a bit of fry light. Would that be ok or would I have to syn them/save them for a green day?

AngelicFruitcake said:
am I right in thinking you can also have 197g of new potatoes with the skin on as a HexB on a red day? I love these boiled then sliced up and either roasted or quickly fried in a bit of fry light. Would that be ok or would I have to syn them/save them for a green day?

Going on the above advice, I'm agreeing with you. Especially considering i did more or less the same with my new potatoes as I actifried them in fry light.

Like a lot of SW - it's open to interpretation. I recall someone once saying potatoes are free (on green/extra easy) but when sliced very thin and sprayed with frylight and used in one of those crisp makers, they had to be synned!

Basically, it is what works for the individual.

Perhaps we should all be asking our individual consultants the answers to these in group lol

I interpret that as you may have a 227g baked potato as a hexb.

Personally, I don't do chips this way myself - I do them as e/easy or green.

Has anyone actually managed to find a potato that weighs exactly 227g? - impossible lol;)

BaKING, bakING, bakING - not bakED. A baking potato is a TYPE of potato (as opposed to NEW potato).

What do you propose we do with our 227g of potato if it is not to COOK the damn thing? ;) :D

Like a lot of SW - it's open to interpretation. I recall someone once saying potatoes are free (on green/extra easy) but when sliced very thin and sprayed with frylight and used in one of those crisp makers, they had to be synned!

Basically, it is what works for the individual.

Perhaps we should all be asking our individual consultants the answers to these in group lol

Confirmation from SW that potatoes with skin roasted the SW *IS* a HEX on Red:

Me:
"Please could you confirm that if I use 227g raw weight of baking potato (including its skin), (or 198g raw new potato including skin) as a Healthy Extra on a Red day I am allowed to roast this in Fry Light to make roast potatoes or 'slimming world chips' and it remains a Healthy Extra. I do not mean to use it as a snack on its own or anything - just cut into wedges, roasted in Fry Light and served with the rest of my meal of meat and veg.

This is 'tweaking' the plan is it? It's very different from roasting the life out of a potato in the microwave to remove every last gram of water and then eating a whole sack of them on its own with nothing else, right? However a confirmation of this from SW itself would be appreciated!

Kind Regards"

SW:

"Hi Nicola

Many thanks for your e-mail, as long as you are keeping the skin on the potatoes you can cook them as chips or wedges, using Fry Light.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Helen and the team at Slimming World Online
Web: Welcome to Slimming World <http://www.slimming-world.com>
Slimming World, Clover Nook Road, Somercotes, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 4RF

Slimming World was awarded 6th Best Company to Work For by the Sunday Times in 2004, achieving Best for Leadership and Top 3 for Giving Something Back and has retained its Top 30 position for three consecutive years. In 2006 and 2007, we were awarded top rating Three Star Best Company status.

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of Slimming World unless confirmed by a communication signed by authorised Slimming World personnel.
Click 'Edit HTML' to insert an HTML disclaimer
<#>

Since I started doing red/original days I have always made chips/wedges out of either a baking potatoe/new potatoes/parsnips, always with the skin left on, so glad that I haven't been doing anything wrong!

Just wish Sweet Potatoe could also be a HExB

Back