Hypnotherapy for diet control?

muppetgirly

Loser!
Hello,

A friend of mine has a hypnotherapy business and has offered me some sessions to combat my addiction to sweet things.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried hypnotherapy for diet or anything else?

Last edited:
Hi muppetgirly, i'am a hypnotherapist and yes it can help people with motivation and will power but i personally believe a vlcd is far more effective as you get the big losses in the begining and also it helps you look at your relationship with food. I'am seeing a client this week who is already on a diet but i will help with her motiavation to exersice. I have access to free hypno for my dieting but with 2 stone to lose i know i can do it quicker this way.

However she should be able to help with yr sweet addiction or look at were that comes from, if she really gets to the root cause of that then it could really benifit you in the long term for not putting weight back on.

cool, thanks Karenlisa,

I done LLL since september and have only 5lb until i get to target, what I need is help not going back to my old ways! I'm booking a session for a couple of weeks time, so I'll see how it goes!

Hi
Before I did LL i had a couple of sessions.

I really enjoyed them and found that over about 5 months I lost a stone without really dieting. However, the effect 'wore off' - I should have gone back for more really but they were quite expensive.

I would def go again the future and if I had a fear/phobia I would try it too

Daisy x

Hi
Before I did LL i had a couple of sessions.

I really enjoyed them and found that over about 5 months I lost a stone without really dieting. However, the effect 'wore off' - I should have gone back for more really but they were quite expensive.

I would def go again the future and if I had a fear/phobia I would try it too

Daisy x

Its brilliant for fears and phobias!

Ooh Jen... I'll be interested to hear what you get out of the session! Something I have considered many times, but for one reason or another, didn't do it...

Like the idea of some sessions when I'm on RTM though... although that's a few months away for me yet! ;)

xx

First session was good. Very relaxing although I spent the whole time thinking to myself...."I can open my eyes, I'm not hypnotised" but when I tried I couldn't, weird! Going back in two weeks for another session....will have to wait and see if it works

... although I spent the whole time thinking to myself...."I can open my eyes, I'm not hypnotised" but when I tried I couldn't, weird!...
Ooh, that's exactly what I would be thinking to myself I reckon! So, you didn't feel like you were under, but you were? That is weird! Cool though! :)

Keep us updated!

xx

Hiya hun,

I had a couple of sessions to combat my chocolate addiction and it was awesome! i felt soooo relaxed after! It definately helped with the cravings but yeah it does wear off & i couldnt afford any more sessions! I think it would work alongside LL really well!

Lucie xxx

Back