Hypoactive Thyroid try to lose weight - 9st 10lb to lose

satinwings

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone else on the forum with a hypoactive thyroid that has or is trying to lose weight? Or even if you know someone that has.

Is it just that I would like to know how you managed or are managing, as you know we find it harder to lose weight.

I have a whopping 9st 10lb to lose and it would be nice to know how long it has taken others to "burn the fat".

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

xXx

I took a blood test on Thursday to find out if I have it. I have virtually all the symptoms and my mother has it, so I'm at high risk apparantly.

It sounds awful but part of me hopes I do have it to help stabilise my weight somewhat...

I was unfortunately born with it, which is a different variation to one that can develop in age - but still very similar. My medication has never helped to stabilise my weight but I know a few people that developed it after they hit puberty or had a baby and once they got on medication their weight got sorted out!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Hi, I too have the condition, and no diet truly worked for me until I discovered Lipotrim. I had tried so many diets for years and found it so hard to lose weight, my medication has been stable now for a nearly 2 years which I think has helped. Have you asked you GP if he/she can help?

Clair x

My GP put me onto Xenical - which had some nasty side effects and didn't really help me lose anything. The only other thing that the GP offered was the gym referral scheme and the only gym with the free spaces was full of tanorexics, which made me rather uncomfortable.

Must admit I have not heard of Lipotrim, I would love to shift some of this weight and I am starting to think that Weight Watchers is not for me! I can not eat as much as I need to, to get my daily allowance of points.

I've also tried Xenical which worked to begin with. As far as joining a gym, that is a confidence issue, which I know for me, I only felt confident once I lost weight!

Lipotrim is fantastic, you have 3 shakes/soups or 'flapjacks' per day and because you go into ketosis hunger is not an issue. It is pretty tough to begin with, but once you start seeing results it is easy to stay motivated.

Clair x

Back