I’m back again for the third time

I’m finally starting to slowly get some better habits back in place. I didn’t eat in bed last night and I massively cut down the flavoured sparkling water yesterday. I’ve only drank water so far today and I’m hoping that I stick to it. I’d been drinking a lot of cranberry juice light and I’m off of that now too. My food choices are still not great but it’s getting better. I feel like the mental food battle is knocking on the door and at least there is thought there now and not just mindless eating. I’m putting less pressure on myself to have those big losses and if I can do 2 or 3lb a week I’d be really happy.

I finally feel a bit better and even though I have a way to go to get back to my previous normal crappy health I’m chuffed that I’m moving in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday😃 x

15 hour fast😃

Ate too much🤦🏻‍♀️but I’m working on it. I’ll see how I’m feeling later as I’m stuffed now so I might end up fasting till tomorrow if I feel I can. I was tempted to have something fizzy but at least I resisted that lol x

I’m going to fast through till tomorrow as I’m not hungry at all. I’ve finally done well with the water, about 4 litres so far😃

I was showing a big gain yesterday but it’s starting to come down. I need to lose 7lb for a 2lb loss this week🤦🏻‍♀️ 2lb down so far x

Just take it as you feel comfortable with Charlotte

I’ll be eating in half an hour so that makes it a 24 hour fast💃🏻😃 and finally OMAD (at least for 1 day lol). I’m just taking each day as it comes and seeing what happens. I can tick off another 2 of those pounds this morning so I’m 1lb away from weigh in day weight. Fingers crossed I’ll be back there tomorrow and I have a few days to actually get a loss this week.

Hope we all have a good day😃 x

I haven't cracked OMAD - I'm mostly 18:6 -and am slowly shedding. I've decided no more cheese/double cream when the current purchases have been eaten!

Edited to add: so much easier doing this than anything else I've done. I'm not yet tracking macros.

You’re doing so well Ali 😃 Once I start fasting again it takes a little time to build up the fast amount but I do what feels natural and fasting seems to really work for me. I find the key is drinking a hell of a lot of water x

That's what surprises me "Doing what's natural" ..... it is natural. How did we humans indoctrinate ourselves into 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks? For most of the time of human existence, we've not eaten that often.

I like it because it's made me realise how unthoughtful my consumption has been. Now we don't have things that compel me in the house. Or if we do, my husband keeps them in his study ( Carrs cheese melts .....for example).

I agree but I only knew it after I had starting fasting. Before I could basically graze all day and not even think about it. I can easily slip back to mindless eating though and I still try and take things day by day. It’s like a mental battle sometimes and other times I can flow through fasts like it’s a breeze.

I didn’t fast yesterday as I felt I needed to eat last night. I’m happy with the water, about 5 or 6 litres a day at the moment and surprisingly still no fizzy drinks 😃 No drop on the scales this morning.

Hope we all have a great day x

Well yesterday went from ok to awful! Too much bread, not enough water, no fast and a load of fizzy🤦🏻‍♀️I’m back up 2lbs ffs. I think it stems from not cracking on with the water early on. Makes fasting harder, feel more hungry and when I’m thirsty I struggle to stay off the fizzy. So today I’m just focusing on a high water intake and see how the day pans out x

Morning.

No fast again yesterday but my food choices are getting a bit better. Still not quite enough water though. I’ve woken up with awful nausea so it could be a fast day as I can’t even tolerate the smell of food. I need to make sure I try and sip water all day as I’m even struggling to drink. Feeling pretty crappy today and my pain is getting worse😖 x

Lots of tears this evening, just frustration and pain. I’ve been writing down all of my newish symptoms as they happen so my colander brain doesn’t forget and I’ve had a look into it and I don’t think I have endo. I’m 99% sure I have IBD. Not sure if it’s ulcerative colitis or Crohns as some symptoms overlap and then I have a few more likely in one and a some more likely in the other. I’ll speak to the doctor and see if we can get the ball rolling with things I can do at the moment, blood tests at home and urine and stool samples dropped off for me. If they have time they could come round and have a home appointment rather than just in the phone.. The problem after that is needing to go to the hospital for mri, ct or xrays, colonoscopy etc. Hopefully they can arrange for it all to be done in one day and I can have flat travel on a gurney and rest as much as possible. That would be easier rather then having multiple appointments on different days with not long enough to recover before the next one. Who knows what could be arranged. If you don’t ask you don’t get I suppose.

My meds have been ordered so I’ll be back on those injections next week hopefully. I hope the have the same effect this time. It was hard having the fevers and chills and pain but it did help after.

It’s hard to know who to talk to sometimes. Friends and family members feel guilty that they can’t or won’t help more and it gets complicated and I don’t want any confrontation. I ended up calling Samaritans a few weeks ago in the middle of the night so I could get out my stress, worries and concerns and not be judged or get sidetracked with nonsense. She was very friendly and said things that calmed me down but also gave me so much time to vent. I was nervous about calling and hung up before someone answered the first time. I felt like I would be taking the time from someone else that needed it more. I thought about it for about half an hour and called back. I’m glad I did. It really helped and I would recommend it if you need someone to talk to.

Sorry for this mishmash post x

1lb off for me this week, which was hard work as I was showing a big gain a couple of days after weigh in so that 1lb loss was more like a 6lb loss lol. Here’s to a more productive week!

22 hour fast yesterday. Still not chugging the water enough and I had a bottle of fizzy but it’s better than what I was doing before.

Fingers crossed for a better health day today x

I hope so too.

Has anyone noticed any issues at their pharmacies? One of my medications they haven’t been able to get the right strength for about 5 months and I now need twice as many at half the dose and one of them they just can’t get. Also the brands of medications have changed to a much cheaper looking make. I rang to see if imy prescription was being delivered today and they said they only have a pharmacist in for 2 hours this afternoon and no meds can be given out if they aren’t there. So if no ones about to pick it up for me between 3-5pm then I’ll have to wait until tomorrow, that is if the pharmacist is there tomorrow, the lady on the phone said there are a lot of problems going on x

Oh no I haven't - I hope it's not connected to Brexit - but a guy from Tesco told me a while ago that stockpiling everything was going to be a huge problem, so wonder if it's connected to that?

Oooo, i hope pharmacies dont get affected by brexit, that said i understand the majority of the worlds supply of V1agra is made here in Ireland so some people may have thought twice about a yes vote if they knew that😉

It really changes the meaning of a hard brexit or soft brexit🤣🤣🤣

Back