I’m back again for the third time

I remember you from when I was on here before Charlotte. I cannot believe how well you have done...you are a total inspiration...very very well done! xxx

Hi jacci 👋🏻 thank you so much☺️ Its lovely you’re back. Hope you’ve been well x

Hi again Charlotte, yep all ok with me. I am so happy for you with your weight loss and I hope your health is a bit better now, I know you had some real problems. Take care hun. xxx

Thanks ladies❤️

That’s good to hear jacci. Weight is going well but unfortunately no change to my health. At least my mobility is better for the few times I move around the house.

I’ll pop over to both of your diaries x

2lb down this week😊

Ive had a funny week. Before now I’ve mainly been having cereal for both of my meals but this past week I’ve been having cereal for breakfast and making healthy choices for dinner, well, as healthy as I can with only food cupboard options. I don’t want to get into a habit of eating the same thing all the time. This is a new step for me and it’s been a bit tough. I’ve been 100% with the food but my weight this week has been the same or +- a pound until this morning and I’ve been concerned that it’s the change in food. I’ve been more anxious and my sleep has been awful. Rationally I know it’s not the food, I don’t have over 500 calories a meal. It’s getting my head around the change. I think I’ve been anxious about the food which is making my sleep worse which is effecting the scale which is making me anxious which is effecting my sleep and around and around I’ve been going all week like a spiral.

Im sticking with it and I’m going to keep working on my thoughts and anxiety. I know this is a long process and I have to not rush changes and give myself time to work through my steps.

Hope everyone is ok x

Fab loss Charlotte well done!

And even though you say it's been an up and down week, I thought your post was so positive - you're working really hard at making good food choices - and winning! Just keep at it love, and you'll keep on doing brilliantly. Sorry about the lack of sleep but hopefully more losses will help you relax into your plan and you'll get some lovely zzz x

Thanks Denn and Susie ❤️

It’s such a change from all diets I’ve tried, this is like learning how to eat all over again now I feel I’ve got the cravings and bingeing under control🤞🏻 Thanks Susie, I’m going to try and be more positive this week. Really I’m dealing with my food addiction and the weight coming off is a byproduct of that, I’ve got to not get too fixated on the scales and just be proud that I’m finally sorting out this problem that will help me to be as healthy as I can be and keep me at healthy weight. No more yo-yoing! Bring on the good sleep x

Also I forgot to mention that last year my cholesterol was 6.37 and now it’s 4.66!💃🏻 I’d love to get it under 4! I’m trying my best to get as healthy as I can then maybe my chronic illness might be easier to handle x

I have an at home test that does cholesterol, glucose and uric acid. I had to convert the numbers to what we use in the uk so I understood it but it’s so handy. I have to have a nurse come here to take blood for a blood test so I can keep an eye on those without being a bother lol x

Well done Charlotte on both the weigh in and the cholesterol and also the new way you are thinking of food. I am definitely an emotional eater and a food addict. Unfortunately it is not healthy food I am addicted to!
You are doing so well, just keep on doing what you are doing. xxx

Thanks jacci❤️ Dealing with it like an addiction is the best thing I’ve ever done. Being open and honest, not eating in secret, working through steps and my thought processes. With the help of an antidepressant that doesn’t cause weight gain and has helped with my obsessive thoughts about food. I think this will help me for the rest of my life x

Good news on the cholesterol level ! 👍 :D
I think food can be addiction........ i sometimes think i have an addiction to chocolate! i could basically live on it! And when i do have some i really have to reel in the self control not to continue to just binge on it 😬

Thanks Denn❤️

There’s quite a bit about it online and there’s a few sites with lists of things and you count how many you do and it gives you a gist of addiction or bingeing etc. It took a lot for me to admit it, it’s been a problem since I was in primary school. Looking forward now though and it’s really great to have so much support from you all on here x

I think we're all here because of food addiction of one sort or another, don't you?

I really struggle with binge/overeating bad choices - it's never bingeing on celery sticks is it?! :). No, give me pies or pizza or breaded goujons and so on and I'll eat the lot. I just can't have anything bad in the house or I'll eat the lot...

Last edited:
When i dont have bad things i crave toast, i mean at least with pizza you can justify it has protein and fibre in the toppings

I think you are all right, the bad stuff is so hard to control. Mine was sweet and savoury and even my meals. I always had a massive plate full, piled high then binge crisps, chocolate and cake in bed(separate rooms since being ill😔). I think it’s definitely better to not have it in the house x

Back