I’m back again for the third time

It’s so filling. We are having our curry at 8 so I had the tuna this afternoon and I’m still full lol. Also if I’m craving sweet things I’m having a can of gold coke and it’s working 😃 x

Thanks lovely. I’m trying to lay it all out there lol. Yeah it’s been hard being so ill for over 4 years and my weight had gotten out of control from a mix of being house bound, lots of medications and eating badly. Best of luck to you too and I’ll be a regular over to your diary x

I can only imagine, chronic illness is awful and I really feel for you and others facing that struggle daily. Amazing that you are still fighting though, and trying to improve your health by losing weight.

Don't worry about the binge / eating off plan foods. We are all human and do this sometimes, I have fallen off the wagon many, many times. Just got to climb back on! Persistence not perfection :classic_smile:

I hope you have a lovely day.

It is awful😔 I’m now trying to keep as calm as possible as any stress, mental or physical, makes my symptoms much worse. So with my binging and eating off plan I’m trying to be a bit easier on myself about it whilst still trying my best. I’m definitely learning more about myself this time round. I used to be an all or nothing dieter, the first time I lost a lot of weight, going from 24st to 12st by eating baby food and ‘snacking’ on ice🤦🏻‍♀️ then going on the Cambridge diet. Then the weight started to go up as soon as I went back to ‘normal’ eating as it didn’t teach me how to eat to maintain, just deprivation. Since then I’d massively restrict and as soon as I’d eat something I shouldn’t (no matter how small) I’d go out of control. I’m thinking long term/forever way of eating instead of a quick fix this time. We can do this!

Here’s to a good day for all of us x

Urgh, bad night and I’ve got a banging headache today😔 I feel like my hormones are all over the place and just feel crappy.

Oh well, tomorrow’s a new day and I’m hoping for a better one x

I slept well and my headache is much better😃 I think I can have a day without codeine, which after a few days of needing it is a relief. I try to only have it when the pain is unbearable and nothing else works.

Food has not been great again this week. No binging but my tuna meal has been pretty massive(and I’ve been having bread with it sometimes) and I’ve been having some light ice cream and sugar free sweets. Not been great with my drinks. Quite a few cans and I’ve started on the squash which is no added sugar, not sugar free. I’m due on at the weekend and I do find it tough in the run up and during. I’m staying calm about it though and not being hard on myself, which is going well compared to last week x

Doing well Charlotte, just do what you got to do to get through time of the month!

Yes I agree with Clareel (I always do lol) - i think you're doing everything you can hun, and it will pay off.

Codeine can really muck you about, it makes me feel really nauseous, so well done on not taking it until you absolutely have to xx

Thanks guys.

I have anti sickness medication for when I take codeine now which helps but I’ve always left it as the last thing to try. It also stops me being able to go to the loo so I’m feeling bloated and heavy too. I get codeine on prescription instead of co-codamol so I can try paracetamol on it’s own first and add the codeine when I need to. Otherwise I’d have to wait 4 hours to have the co-codamol. I used to take over 60 tablets a day, medications and supplements and now I’m trying to do the opposite. I like to not rattle lol. I’m trying to make my life as simple and easy as possible and if something doesn’t work then I stop it x

God isn't it ridiculous - you get pills for one thing, which sorts the problem but makes you feel off in other ways, so you get pills for that second thing, and so it compounds itself. I sometimes wonder if medical people know what on earth they are doing, with side effects and what have you.

I am enormously proud of you, reading that you took 60+ tablets but now aren't. Charlotte that is not an easy thing to do, love, and I think you're amazing in that you're trying to find your way to a healthy life without them. Brava, cara!!!

Sxxx

It is! I’m sensitive to quite a few meds to so I need to keep an eye out for rashes and blisters when I start a new med. I check for interactions myself just in case something gets missed as I always have phone appointments with different gps. I’ll try anything to get better but that means a lot of trial and error and some gps are a bit more flexible when I’m wanting to try something off label.

Thanks love. It took a while to cut them down. I’m only on 1 supplement and a couple of meds at the moment. That changes when my pain is higher but it’s a lot more under control now.

Those bloody sugar free sweets are not under control today🤦🏻‍♀️ Been feeling so down and flat and fed up today. I need a small health improvement soon, just to give me some hope x

Great, the last thing I needed was to have an argument with someone. He knows I can’t have any stress but he is just so selfish. I’m so disappointed. A way to know who really cares about you is to be chronically ill. You would be surprised how many friends and family disappear from your life. I’m feeling upset, stressed and my health has gone downhill x

Well, after a crappy week and my TOTM I’ve managed to STS which I’m really pleased with. I need to try and keep negative people away from me while I’m trying to recover otherwise it’ll take much longer or I’m going to get worse. You’d think family, who you’ve told time and time again would get it 😢

Oh well, I’ll try for a really calm and relaxed week. TOTM does make my health worse and my cravings but all I can do is try my best.

Have a good day peeps 😃 x

You absolutely need people around you who are going to lift you up - not bring you down grrr!

How are you feeling now hun? Is the totm behaving itself?

And well done on the STS!

You can’t choose your family lol.

I’m feeling more cheery and upbeat tonight and I hope it continues and I don’t get all sad and 😭 like normal. Cravings are intense but whatever happens I’m ok with it.

Thanks lovely x

Back