I am starting slimming world on monday

frenchfancy

I am probably at my all time heaviest now (will know on monday when I weigh in) or very close to it and have at least 5 stones to lose. I did slimming world many years ago and so I plan to start again. I live in France and so have no classes available to me. I could join online, but initially I am just going to follow the diet myself. I have all the books, various cookery books and sw magazines. My husband will weigh me each monday and hopefully i will have sufficient encouragement to succeed. My first couple of weeks will be difficult as I am coming to uk to visit my dad who is quite ill and arranging a house move for my parents. Once I get back home I will get into my new regime. I have started a couple of keep fit classes a week, but obviously cant go while in uk. I am also starting a line dancing class with my husband and have asked him to set me up a kind of dance/exercise studio in our large garage for when I get back. That way I can do my salsa dvds a couple of times a week too. I do believe that I really need to up my activity as well as sort my eating out too. One of my friends is having gastric sleeve surgery in 2 weeks to lose weight and I have been feeling so fed up that I have seriously considered this myself, but cant afford it. So i have to get my bum in gear and make it happen myself.

hey hun, it seems like you have got yourself arranged for when you go back, are you going to be there to move your parents or just arrange? If it was to move, then you would have more than enough exercise :) You should be fine coming back to the uk, I mean if it is worrying you alot, then maybe go for a walk in the evening, gives you time to process everything and exercise at the same time.

Hope your Dad is ok, I hope its nothing too serious.

I have a friend who went through gastric bypass, and I would prefer doing it the normal way than that... the amount that she went through doesnt bare thinking about, I think thats alot of what drove me to do it myself!

Take care hun

Lulu

xx

Lulu
I hope I can get them moved whilst I'm in uk but doubt it as we have to find a suitable property first. We do have some to view. As far as my dad goes he has just been discharged from hospital with heart problems and needs surgery but they need to do yet more tests before comitting to it as his heart is so enlarged; so unfortunately it is serious and could be life threatening hence needing to get them moved into a property that has no stairs etc and near civilisation so they feel safer.

My head is in the right place and I will just do my best while in uk (mum has been following sw so should be ok) and then really get stuck in when I get home.

Good luck with your journey

Debbie x

Hi

Hope you get your parents settled. Have you considered joining a class while you are in the UK to get the pack and to buy any cookbooks that would help you when you go back?

Cat I already have the books from last year that my mum gave me at xmas and have god only knows how many sw cookboks that I have collected over the years, so I really dont think i need to join the class for any books. Lol I could open a library, but thanks for thinking of me x

They have changed the quantities of some of the Hex's but you should be able to find them on here.

Back