I am totaly new to this........

nicnic1

Hi All
My name is Nicky. I think i have started off wrong and went off in another direction instead of introducing myself.. so i am going to say a big hello! I tell you what i am going straight to the point. I am overweight and as much as i am a jolly person that jolly person disappears when i undress and look at myself. I have just joined this forum from a recomendation from a friend. I would truly love some suggestions from anyone who has been like me or still is. I have tried lots of diets but it's that keeping motivated. PLEASE HELP. :sigh:
Nicky

Hi, at least you can look at yourself, i have to stand so far away from the mirror to get myself in it that i can't actually see myself too well. Which is a godsend maybe.
I have just joined today as well. I am starting a calorie control diet tomorrow and taking xenical also. I have a good 90lbs to lose so i have a long way to go. I lost over 40 lbs last year but put it back on again. But at least i know it's do-able.
I agree that its the motivation that keeps you going. I need someone constantly checking on me because my will power is not too good.
We'll get there.

Wow so you can do it then but it really is hard. I did laugh at your comment that is my type of humour. It's the keeping it off that's the problem. Hope you don't mind me asking but what is xenical.

Nicky:)

Hi Nicky I've just recently starting posting here too. I'm following Slimming World. Are you following a plan or doing it alone? Good luck with the weight loss x

I get xenical on prescription from my doctor, it is a weight loss aid. It stops your body digesting a third of your daily fat intake. It worked for me before so i have started it again. The only thing is, that if you decide to have a naughty day, you are gonna pay for it. It will be like pooing orange juice!!LOL. But it is good because it makes you very aware of the amount of fat that you are taking in and the consequences of having too much. So i see it as a preventative measure as well.
Can i ask how much weight you would like to lose?
My housemate has been studying nutrition for years and has set me up with a diet/nutrition plan. Its little and often. I actually started it today. Its quite a lot of food but healthy food. I actually struggled to eat it all. But apparently i have to eat that much for it to work.
Hope it goes well with you.

Back