I Binged.... Why did I Do It!!!!

Lisa Claire

I binged last night, made some fairy cakes with my son and they looked a bit overcooked so I nibbled the edge to check and ended up eating a whole one coz they were lovely, then when my OH went up for a bath I quickly ate another, then I ate 6 cocktail sausages and a smartie cookie (a giant one). What was I thinking, feeling really guilty, after such a good week aswell. Today is a new day, got some sachets yesterday instead of tetras to try some different flavours and invested in a blender, bought a bag of ice too, so gonna make some delish shakes today. This cannot happen again!!!!! :mad:

Hey,
Try and think of your amazing 9lb loss when you're tempted. I know CD is hard but it's worth it... maybe try having a mug of Coffee when you're feeling the urge, it definitely makes my stomach feel full. Remind yourself why you are doing the diet, that's what I do. We have plenty of time to eat after the diet, but we have to change our relationship with food. Good luck, put yesterday in the past xx

Lisa, I have been sooo close to doing that, makes me want to cry, my husband thinks his wife is MIA because I have to keep going to bed at like 8pm to stop me going into kitchen and binging !

Draw a line and start again, sounds like you are sorted th your new packs etc, I couldn't live without my blender, the shakes are gorgeous made up to a pint with it and lovely and frothy !

I almost cheat everynight, so much for ketosis taking away the hunger !!!!!

If hunger is the problem and not the cravings, then have a can of tuna in spring water. That way you won't feel so bad. Having sweets will lead to a rapid increase in your blood sugar levels which will mean you'll crave other sweet things xx

Hey Lisa, Try not to worry too much! Today is a new Day! After my last WI my CDC said something about after such a positive WI your brain can play funny tricks on you and make you want to eat and it is very true, I felt like eating more afterwards!

I definately prefer the sachets.. Yummy, especially made with Ice Cold water and then 2 ice cubes added and blended up for 1 min, comes out so thick and tasty! Hopefully now you have them it will give you a bit more variety and help stop the cravings!

x

Hi Lisa, today is another day stay focused and you'll be fine, sorry, but im not in the best frame of mind to give any more advice as i have binged as well. Good Luck.

Hon it happens cos we are only human but you have the right attitude, get straight back on the CD wagon, focus on your reasons why you started this journey and move on from this little blip. You are doing great xx

Affraid to admit I've done this a couple of times, think its all self-sabotage kinda behaviour, Im just trying to take it one day at a time and think I'll maybe consider moving up to SS+ after my next WI. Try not to worry about it, write about it, learn from it and hopefully nip it in the bud if you get the urge again.

I think that there will be a fair few CDers admitting to this sort of thing. CD can be the easiest diet in the world, but also the hardest. Life is always going to throw up temptations like this, so use it as a learning curve. Feel stronger from it and remember how you feel now if you're tempted again. Get straight back on track today, increase your fluids, and you'll be back in ketosis in the next day or so xx

It is relatively easy to follow CD. What makes it hard is ourselves. I think it may be a case of our minds somehow we think we dont deserve to loose?? Just a thought.

But we do and as mentioned by many our heads need to catch up with our goals and our heart. As we all would just like to be happier with our bodies and health.

Lisa this is life, it will tempt you. Dont let it bother you today, remember that you cannot change what happened. Forget it and guzzle the water today. If you do need to deviate have another pack? I hear some people also freeze their tetra's into icecream's. Also takes longer to eat. I choose to eat celery and carrot sticks. Still low calorie.

Bren
X

Hi,

I also experienced my first slip today, I ate chicken breast and prawns. I'm on day 12 of ss, only had a stone to loose and lost 7lbs in the first week but am distraught now that i've wasted all the effort. My job means i burn 1500 calories a day through exercise so i'm really struggling for energy too. Does anyone know if I have ruined it by eating this?

Hang in there Lisa xx

Back