I CAN do this! Right?

Burgerbun

Heya,

Long story but I did the Cambridge diet 5 years ago and all together I lost 10 stone. It caused me several health problems including getting very nervy. I have never quite been the same. Through several huge life changes (including divorce/moving to a completely new area and finally meeting and now living with a great guy I am thoroughly happy with) I have put 6 stone back on and feel so unhappy in myself even though I am otherwise soo happy. I have tried WW and SW but can't really afford them and find SW too limited at times.

After having a serious bout of flu over Xmas I have been unable to take part in my usual spinning classes (though I plan to in a couple of weeks) and am at my wits end.

So I have begun down the calorie counting route. I started on Monday and am using MyFitnessPal. I have stuck to it all week but am finding it really difficult tonight as it is a Saturday (but I have stuck to it!).

I have the following goals in place-

Get into my jeans I could wear a few months ago (to start with)
No alcohol until my birthday in a few weeks time
Drink a pint of water with every meal
Get back to the gym on 21st Jan
No eating at work (I go home for lunch)

Ultimately my goal is to get into my lovely clothes I bought when I lost the weight before.

Please can someone give me reassurance and abit of encouragement. Can't believe I am doing this again.

To top it all off, at work I am surrounded by skinny girls constantly complaining they are fat! It upsets me as I think "if you are fat then what am I?"

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond

X

Heya,

Long story but I did the Cambridge diet 5 years ago and all together I lost 10 stone. It caused me several health problems including getting very nervy. I have never quite been the same. Through several huge life changes (including divorce/moving to a completely new area and finally meeting and now living with a great guy I am thoroughly happy with) I have put 6 stone back on and feel so unhappy in myself even though I am otherwise soo happy. I have tried WW and SW but can't really afford them and find SW too limited at times.

After having a serious bout of flu over Xmas I have been unable to take part in my usual spinning classes (though I plan to in a couple of weeks) and am at my wits end.

So I have begun down the calorie counting route. I started on Monday and am using MyFitnessPal. I have stuck to it all week but am finding it really difficult tonight as it is a Saturday (but I have stuck to it!).

I have the following goals in place-

Get into my jeans I could wear a few months ago (to start with)
No alcohol until my birthday in a few weeks time
Drink a pint of water with every meal
Get back to the gym on 21st Jan
No eating at work (I go home for lunch)

Ultimately my goal is to get into my lovely clothes I bought when I lost the weight before.

Please can someone give me reassurance and abit of encouragement. Can't believe I am doing this again.

To top it all off, at work I am surrounded by skinny girls constantly complaining they are fat! It upsets me as I think "if you are fat then what am I?"

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond

X

Hi :)
Welcome :) you'll learn loads on here and the support is brilliant :)
I hear what you're saying about skinny girls thinking they're fat .. And what must that make me ..!! I only have half to one to lose bit it's hard ... But the support here has been been amazing x
The one thing I would say is don't go back on vlcd..!!! Lose weight by eating food and eating at higher calories ..!! Read other threads ... Huwyesmummy and Lauren's new start thread are good x look at my thread .. Lindsay's progress you will find on there how to dirk out BMR etc and what it means :)
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey sweetie it's good to see you here. Firstly congrats on the 10stone loss on cd! My mum is a cd consultant so I've seen first hand how hard it is,so massive applause.
It is hard to keep it off when you've done a meal replacement/vlcd because its not something you can do for life. But you've come to the right place cos cc is!! I've done everything, weight watchers, sw, slim fast, Cambridge, Atkins you name it! This is the first time I've done cc and its the best I've ever done!! I've got 6st to lose in total and have lost 2st already since September. But it's not a diet to me it's a complete life change. I'm limiting my calories now to lose weight and when I get to goal I will still be looking at calories and exercising. Calories are on every packet and its about choosing the best options. I have joined a gym and started working out 3 times a week ive actually increased that to 5 times a week cos I enjoy it so much!
I hope I've filled you with a bit of encouragement, calorie counting is so easy. Nothing's off the menu just make sure it's within your calories. I don't have to say I'm never having a takeaway again because I know that's not going to happen! Instead I account for the calories during the day and really enjoy it and treats to actually become treats!
Good luck with your journey and I know u can do it if you've lost 10 stone before, this 6 is gonna be a piece of low fat cake! X

Thank you both for posting :)

I definitely would never do a vlcd again. My bf would never let me in a million years (unlike my controlling ex!)

I find that if I plan my meals the day before then I know everything is accounted for :) I have stopped having sweetener in my tea and coffee and I treat myself to an options hot Choc made as per instructions each night before bed.

After 4 days my clothes feel loser which feels great but I am also finding myself to be much more active and sleeping well.

I have the new Special K crackers (salt and vinegar ones are yum!) incase I really want something but find myself not even having a full portion and I include them in my daily allowance.

I just want to feel good about myself again. I feel like I have failed myself for putting some on again but I went through a lot and I guess it was bound to affect me.

Scrambled egg and ryvita in the morning!! Yummy!! Then back to porridge and banana for breakfast in the week with soup at lunchtimes :)

Does anyone take any extra vitamins or anything along side calorie counting?

Thanks

X

I definitely would never do a vlcd again. My bf would never let me in a million years (unlike my controlling ex!)

I find that if I plan my meals the day before then I know everything is accounted for :) I have stopped having sweetener in my tea and coffee and I treat myself to an options hot Choc made as per instructions each night before bed.

After 4 days my clothes feel loser which feels great but I am also finding myself to be much more active and sleeping well.

I have the new Special K crackers (salt and vinegar ones are yum!) incase I really want something but find myself not even having a full portion and I include them in my daily allowance.

I just want to feel good about myself again. I feel like I have failed myself for putting some on again but I went through a lot and I guess it was bound to affect me.

Scrambled egg and ryvita in the morning!! Yummy!! Then back to porridge and banana for breakfast in the week with soup at lunchtimes :)

Thanks

X

Ooohhhh those Special K cracker / crisp sour cream n chive flavour are lush :)
I plan my meals every day on the other well known dieting site so that way I know what I'm eating x I even plan my snacks x

Yeah, I bought some sweet chilli ones too but am planning to keep them sealed for at least another week :)

Just hope people don't try and force food down my throat at work! "1 won't hurt" err yes it will if I haven't planned for it!

Have thought about going to bed early several times tonight to stop myself from snacking but have made it :)

X

Yeah, I bought some sweet chilli ones too but am planning to keep them sealed for at least another week :)

Just hope people don't try and force food down my throat at work! "1 won't hurt" err yes it will if I haven't planned for it!

Have thought about going to bed early several times tonight to stop myself from snacking but have made it :)

X

Hehehe good :)
I'm a nurse and regrets chocolates and sweets on nursing station a lot .. It's a trial I can tell you x done well this lst ten days tho x

Yummmm the Special K crisps are awesome! I've got the sour cream ones. Loads in a portion!

Day 7 today! Worked out my food for the day :) even got a roast dinner! Yummy! Can't wait :)

Thanks

X

Hiyah, welcome to our group :D

You asked if anyone takes supplements. I do everyday an A-Z with minerals as my dr said to when i started my diet. When we diet we tend to miss out on key things.

I did the food replacement this last year and lost a lot of weight and learning to keep it off has been a lot harder losing it to begin with.

Good luck,
your always welcome to pop over to my diary

Thanks Hun :) I will take a look!

I will get some vitamins tomorrow :) that's what I figured as I have recently been quite poorly I want to make sure I get everything I need :)

Weekend done :) didn't break at all. Am so happy and relieved. Especially since my boyfriend has had a couple of beers.

Done it! Day 8 complete :)

I will never regret doing a vlcd as it probably helped me a lot in the long run. What I would regret is letting myself put the weight on and ruining all the hard work it took to get here. I have put on since but I'm losing now again. It taught me a lot about myself and now I'm learning to eat without dieting. But to each their own :)

Back