I cannot find a tomato soup recipe (heeeeelp)

MissShiraz

I really want to make some for lunch i have fresh and tinned tomatoes in, garlic, stock, other veggies (carrots, celery, courgettes, peppers, onion garlic etc)

Shall i just cook it and bang it all in the blender?

I amke loads of soup but strangely NEVER made a tomato one! :rolleyes:

yeah thats ounds fine the only thing i would do is roast the tomatoes first to give them extra flavours

Well i just roasted off some red peppers and courgettes in fry light and garlic, added to 1.5 tins chopped tomatoes, black pepper, chicken stock and another clove of garlic and left to simmer for 20 mns and then whacked in the blender.

Oh my goodness it was goooooooorgeous - better than any tin or packet soup ever! DP loved it and has requested it next week and so did 5 year old dd (who asked for tomato soup in the first place!)

Yuummeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I love my homemade tom soup too, I just roast in the oven tomato's, garlic, onion, carrots, red peppers and celery for about 30 mins then put it through a blender adding veg stock and sometimes a bit of red chilli for a kick! :)

I've just done the tomato soup in the Slimming world Nov/Dec mag, very nice. Although I didn't have red onion (used normal onion) or celery and wanted something a bit warmer (OH has a cold!), so added some chopped ginger.

1 red onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
Fry light
3 x 400g cans peeled plum tomatos
2 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp artificial sweetner
1pt vegetable stock
Freshly ground black pepper
Handful of fresh basil, finely chopped

In a large non stick pan sweat the red onion, carrot and celery for 5 mins in Fry Light.

Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetner and stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat, simmer for 15 mins
Remove soup from heat and allow to cool slightly, then blitz with a hand blender. Season and stir in the chopped basil. Reheat to serve, garnish with a few basil leaves.

Back