I can't believe it's not cheddar!

It's my favourite block reduced fat cheddar I've found so far. Nice and tangy, and can melt well. Just pips Lowlow to the post - although I like that as well. Still think Asda own reduced fat ready-grated is the best of its type though.

Yeah we always buy this now! Mm!

I saw this the other day so I'll defo be giving it a try it next time. I've only just discovered low low which is really really nice compared to a wyke farm one that I was buying at first which is awful and has calcium bits in it and it doesn't melt

...compared to a wyke farm one that I was buying at first which is awful and has calcium bits in it and it doesn't melt

They all seemed to be like that until this year. Gritty, rubbery, and resistant to melting. Hooray for reduced-fat cheese technology. (Not that mine lasts long enough out of the packet to ever GET melted - I always nosh it too quickly!!)

It's my favourite block reduced fat cheddar I've found so far. Nice and tangy, and can melt well. Just pips Lowlow to the post - although I like that as well. Still think Asda own reduced fat ready-grated is the best of its type though.
I have read somewhere though that ready grated cheese can be quite heavily synned because they coat it with flour to prevent it from sticking! Dont know whether this is correct or not though, perhaps it would be best to go onto syns online

I bought some yesterday as it's on offer in asda. You get 350g for £2 compared to 200g of low low for £2. Can't wait to try it melted on some toast with brown sauce

I love i cant believe its not cheddar.Its 30 percent lower fat just like the other low fat cheddars and it melts nice aswell ,not like some of the low fat ones.Its on offer at the mo in asda ,2 quid for a block in a pink wrapper for the tickled pink charity....bought 3 of them today!!!

I love this cheese !!!! I've not started slimming world properly again yet but shall make another post about that :D

To be honest for me as someone who does find it hard to eat all their syns at times (I know you don't have to) 5 syns would be an ideal snack for me or even if it can be used as a HEA on EE then bonus :) !!!

Deffo getting more bought, hope it stays cheap !!!

Back