I can't get my head around this

suepass

I am a week into Lighter life light. But am soooo envious of you lot. How on earth can you eat loads of fried food and lose weight. I am paying about £50pw plus I still have to buy food for 7 meals. to me I am paying to starve. How mad is that. Could you imagine telling some poor sod that in the 3rd world- they would laugh.
anyway I will stay on this one for a bit longer to see how I get on but I am jealous of you all on the atkins.
God I want some !!!!!:mad::mad::mad:;););)

Hiya suepass!

I think this might be a "grass is greener" thing. I am sometimes quite envious of those on a diet like LL or Cambridge, because of the simplicity and the fact that all the decision making is taken out of your hands. So as long as you stick to it (and I appreciate that that isn't so simple!) you don't have to worry about menu planning, counting carbs/cals, making the wrong choices or overeating if that's your weakness (it's certainly mine...). I'm also sometimes envious of the fast results, too!

Also in my experience Atkins can be quite expensive too, although perhaps you don't notice it so much because you are paying for real, delicious food. Expensive food, though! Especially if you go out to a restaurant and practically the only 'legal' thing on the menu is usually the most pricey!

How are you getting on on LL so far? If you ever want to switch to Atkins then I'm sure everyone here will be very helpful and welcoming... :)

I felt just the same as you Sue, I couldn't believe that this way of eating could be a weight reducing diet. It's very early days for me, but hopefully I'll see some results soon.

I don't think the food for Atkins is expensive really. Well, it can be as Lady M says when you eat out. But normal home eating. especially if you are cooking for others needn't be. We've never eaten things like steak at home with 6 of us so the cheaper and often tastier cuts of meat suit us better. Things like a shoulder of lamb, brisket of beef, a spare rib joint of pork. Streaky bacon instead of Back. Apart from the pork which you can't reheat *if?!* (fat chance round here!) there's anything left it can often make a good second day meal - cottage/shepherd's pie, and so on.
Veg....well that's not expensive if in season, although we do grow a lot of our own, and lamb and chicken (and eggs) come to that. But that isn't a cheap option, producing your own eggs/chickens/meat - it's just better stuff than you can buy.

However, having said all that I'm still waiting for results! We'll see! CD works a treat if you can stick it.

Sue hun, i've replied to your msg you wrote on my thread if ya want my point of view it's there :) Atkins is great if eating food is what you want but it's hard for different reasons compared to LL/CD.

I have to agree with the others also about the "grass is greener". Ive actually done a version of diet like CD using Exante products for 1 week and it does work. I mean I lost around 8 pounds in 1 week :eek:. If I would of stuck with would of been at my goal weight last month :(. Low carbing has worked for me of course at a slower rate :). If you have the will power hang in there the results will come quicker but if you are really missing food and think you will binge or cheat then take some serious thought into changing your diet. Good Luck with whatever decision you decide. Also remember that everyone is different. so where you may see someone is losing 4 pounds or more a week on a low carb diet, you may only lose 2 lbs a week. So keep that in mind with the expectations :D

Thanks all,
you are all right it is a case of greener grass. I have just had my first WI and lost 5.5llb (Iam on lighter life lite) to me that is amazing as WW and SW it took me almost 3 weeks to lose that amount. I will stick with it and best of luck to all you Atkins.

Yes LM 2 lb a week is great late in the game especially has you get closer to your goal weight. I'm weighing in after lunch to see how much Ive lost. It's been almost 3 weeks so we'll see what the ole might scale says

Nice one Sue, go and look at my breakfast threads if you really want to be jealous. LMAO!

I love your breakfast photos, and I liked the comment that someone said about putting it on slimfast. My sense of humor!!
You look like a different person and I bet you feel like one too.
How much more do you want to lose?
Good thing about these diets it that it keeps you off the booze. Pints of lager and curry was my downfall.
all the best
sue.

Back