I fell yesterday (not off the diet....off my front step!)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I was carrying my 20m old and somehow my ankle twisted and we both ended up falling. She banged her head really hard off the pavement and I laid there howling with pain as I thought I'd broken my ankle.

Luckily my neighbour was with me and phoned an ambulance. Ella was fine although scared me as she went pale and sleepy and was sick once but the ambulance people said it was due to shock. They were brill and assessed us at home so we didn't have to make a trip to hospital.

I'm still hobbling around on a sprained ankle which is bruised and swollen, I tore a hole in my jeans, scraped up my knee which is bloody and scabby (nice!) and scraped up my knuckles and finger. :character00264:

What stings the most is that I was really wanting to start my new Claire/Steps DVD this week and now it looks like it'll have to wait til next week.

I feel like such a klutz!

:hug99: You poor thing! I have been in hospital with my daughter this week, so you were lucky that you didn't need to go. I hope your little one is ok now.

I remember falling down the 2 bottom stairs with my daughter when she was only 3 months old. Luckily, she didn't hurt herself but I really hurt my knee.

Glad your both ok though. Try and rest. Your ankle should heal quickly as long as you take it easy. :flowers:

aww hun wishing u speedy recovery xx

oh my gosh that sounds horrible. i always worry about things like falling over when holding a baby. glad your both ok tho

Glad both of you are ok and you'll be at that Claire DVD before you know it!

Oh god, i busted my knee falling last yr with my dd in arms....

glad you n dd ok tho hun...
xxxxxxxxx

Thanks all! I felt so horrible because at first I didn't even know what to do because my ankle was killing me and Ella had bashed her head! I felt so useless and shocked!

She's perky and full of beans today and I managed to hobble to Asda AND Morrison's tonight only to find that NEITHER carried the multi pack of chocolate Mullers - HOW gutted was I???!!

Sorry to hear about your fall, glad you are both ok.

I fell years ago with my daughter , it's awful to be in pain when you have a young one upset too.

Awe u poor thing.

I fell down a kerb once about 3 inch high and broken 2 main bones in my leg (tibia & fibia) and fractured a 3rd part. In plaster for 10 months,. So i know how u feel.

Speedy recovery and hope ur daughter feels better soon xx

i was carrying my 20m old and somehow my ankle twisted and we both ended up falling. She banged her head really hard off the pavement and i laid there howling with pain as i thought i'd broken my ankle.

Luckily my neighbour was with me and phoned an ambulance. Ella was fine although scared me as she went pale and sleepy and was sick once but the ambulance people said it was due to shock. They were brill and assessed us at home so we didn't have to make a trip to hospital.

I'm still hobbling around on a sprained ankle which is bruised and swollen, i tore a hole in my jeans, scraped up my knee which is bloody and scabby (nice!) and scraped up my knuckles and finger. :character00264:

What stings the most is that i was really wanting to start my new claire/steps dvd this week and now it looks like it'll have to wait til next week.

I feel like such a klutz!

I fell down one step on 24th November, and torn the ligaments in both of my ankles... one week strapped from toes to knees and one crutches didn't help.. and I am still struggling now. There is still so much swelling around my right ankle that I no longer have an ankle bone visible and I cannot describe the colours that the bruises go..:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Just to warn you that it may be a long time before you are skipping around again...but just take your time.
I can only wear one pair of shoes at the moment and heels are a deffo no-no
Take care !
Tracy

Back