i found a litter of kittens....

chubbyemma

Silver Member
whilst out walking my doggies yesterday, i heard a faint meowing noise, so took my dogs home quickly and returned to woods to ditch where i heard the meowing.

i had to cut through brambles and all sorts of hedges to get to noise and climb into the ditch!

took me half a hour and under it all, 5 wee kittens!!! crying there little hearts out with distress, tiny a few days old with there eyes shut!!

paniced!! lol

drove down road like a mad person to dog and cat rescue site about 2 miles down the road and told them ( i didnt move kittens incase they were feral and the mam would come back)

me and the staff raced back to get them with a basket, and guys you never believe this, a week before one of there pregnant rescue cats escaped and turned up the day before no longer pregnant, so staff thought the kittens had perished, but by a miracle in miles and miles of woods i found her kittens.

dont know if they survived untill tomorrow as the centre was closed for weekend, so shall ring in morning.
they sent me a bouquet of flowers to say thank you

sorry for long post, im just so happy to have helped

Oh wow!! Well done for doing that :D And very glad the kittens and mum are safe and sound now. How on earth did the cat escape?!

The animal world needs more caring, sensible people like you. I've started to lose faith with people since helping out at my vets because they deal with the RSPCA a lot and the stories you hear (and the cases we get in) are absolutely heartbreaking.

So yeah, well done *big hug*

Lovely story :D

I'm surprised the rescue centre were allowing the cat to have the kittens though. It's usual practice for most places to terminate pregnancies and to neuter the cat as soon as they get them.

There is a cat over-population crisis in the UK today, which results in 1,000's of healthy but unwanted cats and kittens being destroyed EVERY DAY because there are not enough homes to go round. :sigh:

It's sad but true, there are too many irresponsible owners these days. :mad:

Lovely story :D

I'm surprised the rescue centre were allowing the cat to have the kittens though. It's usual practice for most places to terminate pregnancies and to neuter the cat as soon as they get them.

There is a cat over-population crisis in the UK today, which results in 1,000's of healthy but unwanted cats and kittens being destroyed EVERY DAY because there are not enough homes to go round. :sigh:

It's sad but true, there are too many irresponsible owners these days. :mad:

I agree with you on every point, and feel irresponsible owners should be fined heavily.

There is a cut of point with the termination of pregnancy's and if the cat was past this point the charity would not terminate.

Emma what a great thing to do. If the charity have mum back they will try the kittens on her before hand feeding her her.

I hope they all survive.

hi guys i just rang the rescue centre, all kittens and mum doing fine thank goodness!

when they are older they are going to name them after people in bible ,cause it was a miracle they were found awwwwwwwwww and rehome them!

sue they went straight on mum and suckled so they didnt need to be hand fed yipeeee
Alcoholiday as much as i hate reading what you put, i agree with you .irresponsible stupid owners, makes me angry when rescue centres and charity vets will neuter your pets for free!!!!

least this was one happy little ending:(

Such a lovely story with a happy ending.

Bless you for rescuing those kittens.

what a great thing to have done, you must feel fab.

I am a huge kitty fan, and am happy this story had a happy ending!!! x

aaaold20lady20yippee.gif

I am so thrilled. They will be fine now.

You are a star Emma.

Thanks girls :eek:

i am secretly chuffed I'm a bit of a hero eh Lol

shall have to stop getting into these rescue situations, I'm to old to be crawling into ditches and not been able to get back out and someone having to pull me out!!

oh lord thank god I'm 5 stone lighter or i might still be there now!!:eek:

so sweet. and lovable. well done for doing the right thing. it fills my heart to know there are good people like you about.

Attachments

• Angel.jpg
    Angel.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 18
Back