getting rid of 100lbs in a year.

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hi all,

here is my brand new shiny diary. some of you already know me, here's a bit about me for those who don't.

I'm Jenny, 33 years old, I'm married with 4 children, last one is only 2 days old. I'm a counsellor and pretty much happy with most aspects of my life. I've always struggled with my weight and have tried most diets out there. I tried sw for the first time when I was pregnant and love it. I did well on and off during my pregnancy for a mixture of reasons, main one being that my husband didn't support it, he worries when I'm pregnant and wanted me to wait. I ended up gaining around 2 stone during my pregnancy, more than I wanted but half as much as the pregnancy before.

So now I have 2 girls and 2 boys, my family is complete so no more using pregnancy as a reason to eat.

I went back to class a few days before I had my son to get weighed so I'd know where I'm at etc. I had a c-section so cant drive for a few weeks so I'm hoping to be at least 16lbs lighter when I go back. my son weighed 7lbs so I know I've at least lost that much so far lol.
one of my friends is going to come with me so hopefully we'll keep each other on track.

I'm going to only get weighed at group as I can become obsessed with the scales.

I want to get rid of 100lbs in the next year. I'll be breastfeeding for at least 6 months so hopefully that will contribute a few lbs to my goal. I'm fed up of losing and gaining it back now, I feel that sw is a sustainable method so hopefully it will work for me.

I've had 4 C-sections now and have an overhang at the bottom of my tummy, I'm going to have a tummy tuck once I'm at goal, feels like a long journey to get there though. I think a year is a good timescale, after the initial baby weight loss, it will mean less than 2lbs per week to goal.

I'll try and update everyday.

x x

Hi Jenny, following your new shiny diary. Congratulations on Kaelan's safe arrival, he's absolutely beautiful :)
Good that you're going along to SW with a friend, it'll be good support and sure you'll do well. I joined a group with Dave a couple of weeks ago and there's a girl there with her weeks old baby, she's losing around 2lb a week X

Hi Jenny, following your new shiny diary. Congratulations on Kaelan's safe arrival, he's absolutely beautiful :)
Good that you're going along to SW with a friend, it'll be good support and sure you'll do well. I joined a group with Dave a couple of weeks ago and there's a girl there with her weeks old baby, she's losing around 2lb a week X

Hi Tibbs,

thank you, I cant stop looking at him :)

yeah I'm hoping going together will be good motivation for both of us. good to hear the lady at your group is dropping 2lbs per week, that's what I'd like, fingers crossed.

I'll catch up on your diary later, hope you are ok x x

Hi,

I'm feeling loads better pain wise today, this recovery seems much quicker than the other C-sections.

I've had a lovely relaxing day with my husband and kids.

being on plan feels really good and pretty easy at the moment. hubby is doing school runs and I'm off work until I decide to go back so I can spend plenty of time with my little one and hopefully drop a few stone asap.

going to have a shower now and then more visitors later.

x x

Are you allowed any extra HexA or anything due to breast feeding?
There seems to be something about new borns that makes you unable to stop looking at their little faces:) I always feel I can't drink in enough of this fascinating little human and their teeny tiny fingers and toes...oooo, give him a cuddle from me :) X

Are you allowed any extra HexA or anything due to breast feeding?
There seems to be something about new borns that makes you unable to stop looking at their little faces:) I always feel I can't drink in enough of this fascinating little human and their teeny tiny fingers and toes...oooo, give him a cuddle from me :) X

Hey Tibbs,

yes I can have 5 healthy extras, to be honest I'm not tracking what I'm eating at the moment. In a couple of weeks when I'm back at group, I'll track properly then.

I feel the same Tibbs lol, new borns are so perfect and amazing. he's currently fast asleep nuzzled up to my neck.

x x

Hey all,

I had a lovely night with Kaelan, he fed around 12 and then slept until 3.30am, had another feed and then slept until 6.40am, he didn't cry once, just made a little noise to let me know he was hungry. I'm so in love with him.

I had ryvita, dairylea and fruit for breakfast.

I've decided to go back to group on 31st, its a new group as my old one isn't at the best time now I have Kaelan to take. checked weight today at home and I'm 16lbs down since getting weighed a few days before Kaelan was born so I'm pretty happy with that. I have 2 weeks until I'm weighed so hopefully that will be 20lbs down by then :)

x x

Ah, bless him:) he sounds a very content baby and you sound like you're doing fine. Wow, you've already lost the 16lb you mentioned in your very first post..you've reached a mini target already :) you'll be booking in that tummy tuck in no time. How are the rest of the family? X

Ah, bless him:) he sounds a very content baby and you sound like you're doing fine. Wow, you've already lost the 16lb you mentioned in your very first post..you've reached a mini target already :) you'll be booking in that tummy tuck in no time. How are the rest of the family? X

Hi Tibbs,

I feel so lucky to have him :)

I'm ever so pleased that 16lbs are off already, only 84lbs to go.

rest of the family are great thanks, my other children are so good with Kaelan. I was worried my 4 yr old would be jealous but he's been so lovely with him, always wanted to stroke his head and kiss him, its adorable.

If I can book my tummy tuck by my 34th birthday in September I'll be over the moon.

hope everything is good with you x x

Wow that's amazing, well done so far and good luck for the end of the month when you weigh

Thank you, I'm so pleased 16lbs are off already, think I'm still quite swollen so hopefully a few more lbs will be off by the time I'm back at group :)

x x

Hi Jenny..ah, your son must be over the moon to be a big brother..bless his little socks:) I remember you saying he was pleased you were having a boy.

I know for a fact that you'll be at target by your birthday, probably even sooner:) you are one of the most focused people on here X

Hi Jenny..ah, your son must be over the moon to be a big brother..bless his little socks:) I remember you saying he was pleased you were having a boy.

I know for a fact that you'll be at target by your birthday, probably even sooner:) you are one of the most focused people on here X

thanks Tibbs, I appreciate you having faith in me :) I feel really determined x x

Hi all,

so I know I said I'd only weigh at group but I weighed again today and I'm another 2lbs down, must be all the bags of fluid they gave me during my C-section, also my tummy is shrinking. So that's 18lbs down, 82lbs to go. only 2lbs to go and I'll be a fifth of the way to goal. Once I start back at group, I wont be weighing myself at home.

I'm feeling really well today, antibiotics are working to get rid of my chest infection and I only have minimal pain in my c-section wound. this is my 4th C-section so I knew what to expect but it really hasn't been too bad at all. I even felt well enough to do some house work today.

food has been on plan today. breastfeeding makes me really hungry so I make sure I have plenty of fruit next to me when I'm feeding.

midwife came today and was really happy with how Kaelan is doing. he's the same weight as he was at birth which is great as 90% of babies have a loss by day 4/5.

I think this is the happiest I've ever been :)

x x

I'm sure you'll be there well before your birthday :) but it's good to have targets. I'm aiming for my birthday in May too, it'll be my 30th so I'd love to be at target

thank you, I'll be over the moon if I can get to goal by my birthday. you'll get to your goal by May no problem, sure you'll be feeling great for your 30th :) x x

Hi

so I'm now weighing everyday lol, I change my mind so often. scale showed another 2lbs down, it would be great to get 2lbs off everyday, it would only take me 40 days to get to goal lol. so now I'm 20lbs down and 80lbs to go. I'm thinking the quick loss is to do with excess fluids from surgery, my body getting back to normal, eating well and breastfeeding. I'm only 1.5lb from the next stone bracket :)

I was up a lot in the night breastfeeding, I think the only negative of breastfeeding is that hubby cant help with night feeds.

my husband is being really supportive and cooking sw friendly meals for me every night.

Back