Diary of a Fat Fairy

Well done on getting into Leslie Sansome, I think she's great :).

Hmm on the Fitbit front, I thought those things measured your arms waving about too, so a shame it didn't pick up all your exercise - but fabulous that you headed out for a walk - that's really brilliant! x

Thank you @SunHill and @Orla_D it was lovely walking outside, I really got to stretch my legs, you really can't walk properly just marching on the spot!
You are absolutely right about my calories, they were going pretty low and it showed by my weight going UP! I am a daily weigher and when I eat more the scales move, when I was eating less they started to go up. I'm trying to eat more but it's a struggle sometimes, I'm just not hungry because I'm full up on healthy stuff.

I've not posted my food for a couple of days but I've not had anything too exciting...apart from quorn fishless fingers, chips and mushy peas which was yummy and all within my calorie allowance :D

Aslo, today is WEIGH IN DAY and I have lost 7lbs this week which I'm over the moon with.
I've lost 1" off my bust, 2" off my waist, 2" off my hips and 1" off my neck!

@ladyfelsham Her videos are great aren't they. Some exercise videos are way too much for me but hers are just about do-able!
As for the fitbit...I thought it picked up movement from your arm because some people who push buggies/wheelchairs have said their fitbit didn't track their steps properly but I've waved my arm about while sitting down and no steps register.
This fitbit is a funny thing but I love it already! I'm aiming for at least 12000 steps a day :)

wow that's brilliant @xClaireyFairyx well done on the loss xx

I find nuts are great to get the cals up if I need to at night..

Our bodies are funny aren't they! I am a daily weigher too and I could be really good for a few days and might take a week to hit the scales... so frustrating... Ive seen those fishless fingers.. must try them soon..

Hope you have a great day.

Thank you both :D I'm hoping for 3lbs off next week *fingers crossed*

Yesterday I really wanted a curry. And I know why! Usually when I diet I do a week and if I've had a good weigh in I'll 'treat' myself to a takeaway which undoes all my hard work but I'd still do it. I really need to learn to NOT reward myself with food as I am not a dog!!
So yesterday I craved a curry and I had one but I made it myself, not from scratch but it was better than from the takeaway.
I had quorn chicken style pieces with mayflower curry sauce. And instead of actual rice I've found this wonderful stuff in asda called rainbow vegetable rice, which is just vegetables pretending to be rice! It was really yummy actually and I didn't miss 'real' rice at all.
I was a little naughty though and had some mini poppadoms :D But everything was well within my cals for the day.

@Orla_D You definitely should try the fishless fingers, they're really good. I went veggie at 10 years old so don't remember what fish fingers taste like but my sister says these are quite fishy!
Much nicer than the Linda McCartney scampi anyway.

So today I've struggled a little bit because I've not been feeling well. I have dizzy spells that can last hours/days and Drs have no idea why. And today has been quite bad.
I've had to just suck it up though because I have my little nephew on Wednesdays from 9am-9pm and I can't take my eyes off him for a second!
But because I've not felt well and because I've had Noah here I've not really done so great with my food. I've had more carbs than I should have and picked lunch and dinner that were almost the same as they were quick and easy to make. So I know for next Wednesday I need to plan ahead and prepare my food the night before.
It wasn't so bad last week as my sister was visiting too and we shared the babysitting duties!

Oh no Claire, that sounds rough... hard looking after a little person too when you are unwell... hugs to you.

well that's why I love cal counting, you can have poppadoms and still be within cals, especially when you eat healthy, nutritionally dense food ordinarily.

I didn't even know linda McCartney did scampi.. im in Ireland so we don't have as much of a selection of that range! But I have seen the fish fingers and will try them next week.

Rainbow vegetable rice sounds nice.. must have a look and see if I can find something similar here.

Hope you have a lovely day and feel better

Hope you're feeling better now Clairey!

The curry sounds fab, home made isn't always as convenient but tastes good - and I love that rainbow rice from Iceland too. I always have bags of that and their cauli rice in the freezer :).

Re the treat meal - I do that on WI night and I think (for me anyway) it staves off the self sabotage attacks - most of the time at least!

So today I've struggled a little bit because I've not been feeling well. I have dizzy spells that can last hours/days and Drs have no idea why. And today has been quite bad.
I've had to just suck it up though because I have my little nephew on Wednesdays from 9am-9pm and I can't take my eyes off him for a second!
But because I've not felt well and because I've had Noah here I've not really done so great with my food. I've had more carbs than I should have and picked lunch and dinner that were almost the same as they were quick and easy to make. So I know for next Wednesday I need to plan ahead and prepare my food the night before.
It wasn't so bad last week as my sister was visiting too and we shared the babysitting duties!

Awww love - hope you're feeling better now :( That sounds scary! Could it be vertigo (not that I know more than the doctors) If not, it might be worth reading about if you haven't already just incase any of the suggestions for coping with the dizziness might help you? :(

So I'm still about and still on plan. I've just been keeping myself busy with plenty of exercise which is making me feel great in all sorts of ways, I feel better, fitter and I'm sleeping so well. I do love my fitbit! And as I have more energy it means I want to do more than just sit on my butt and watch movies :D
I'm going on holiday next Friday. I go to the seaside once a year with my family. Usually I spend most of the time eating lots of 'bad' things but I'm hoping this year I'll make better choices so I don't ruin my weight loss so far.

It was weigh in day yesterday and I lost 2lbs. Taking me to 9lbs loss in 2 weeks :D I'm very happy with that.

The dizzy spells I get have been investigated by Drs for years. And no one can explain them. It really sucks because they stop me from being able to do a lot of things.

Claire that's awful that the docs can't tell you why you're getting the dizzy spells - please feel free to ignore any of this but could it be that you're not eating at regular intervals, ie your blood sugar levels? Or blood pressure dropping because of stress or weather?

Anyway it sounds like you've got a lovely holiday coming up and to making good food choices while you're away - it's so hard not to tuck into what everyone else is having, isn't it?

Well done on the 2lb loss!!!!

Back