I hate cooking!!!

jude88

I guys I really don't like cooking and am even worse making things from scratch!!! Anyone else have this problem? If so how do u get around it if ya know what I mean is it easy just cooking things from the freezer in the slimming world eating plans? X

I actually really enjoy cooking now - wouldn't exactly say i disliked it before SW though.

Now I have so many recipes that I cook completely from scratch, i really do like to get crackin in the kitchen :)

I'm hoping that il start to enjoy it coz I can actually cook lol I just find that with 4 kids under 5 by the time iv cooked their dinner and looked after them all day and got them all to bed that when it comes round to myself I just can't be bothered and I eat crap so I'm hoping sw will help me change that :) x

Cooking is one of lives great pleasures !!!

There is nothing like home cooked food.....

Try doing yourself a favour and start with some of the really simple SW recipes like the pasta quiche. So much nicer than frozen stuff and much cheaper too.

There are hundreds of recipes in the recipe section.

Thanku for your advice I'm really gona try and give it a go u never know I might find I start to enjoy it :) x

You could always batch cook and get it out the way and freeze them in meal portions. That way if you don't feel like cooking one night you can take something out of the freezer and know that it's a healthy meal on plan that you have cooked. I do this when hubby goes away and have things like bolognaise sauces and cottage pies all ready to defrost and then all I need is to either prepare a salad, or boil some frozen veg to go with it.

That's a very good idea mrs v and I always make the effort to give the kids healthy stuff but slack with myself but yh I could always slow cook stuff and give the kids there's and keep mine warming until I'm ready to eat it thankyou so much for all your good ideas :) x

That's a very good idea mrs v and I always make the effort to give the kids healthy stuff but slack with myself but yh I could always slow cook stuff and give the kids there's and keep mine warming until I'm ready to eat it thankyou so much for all your good ideas :) x

Could you not eat with them?

It would be a good idea but I have 4 month old twins who always decide they want feeding as iv sat my older two down for their dinner lol x

jude88 said:
It would be a good idea but I have 4 month old twins who always decide they want feeding as iv sat my older two down for their dinner lol x

I know how hard it is fitting in meal times with children!! My eldest is 5.5 and when she has her tea I'm still full up from lunch (gastric band), I sit with her at the table with a glass of water instead so that she still has the "table manner experience".
I feed dd1 with sw stuff that I cook for myself and she loves my spaghetti bolognaise!

Mrs V said:
I know how hard it is fitting in meal times with children!! My eldest is 5.5 and when she has her tea I'm still full up from lunch (gastric band), I sit with her at the table with a glass of water instead so that she still has the "table manner experience".
I feed dd1 with sw stuff that I cook for myself and she loves my spaghetti bolognaise!

Yh the boys are just starting solids so I'm sure il find a way to feed all of us with sw foods :) hopefully il be able to start feeding the babies at the same time so we can all eat together I was thinking about making sure I ate earlier anyway as they say try not to eat after 8 lol :) x

Gosh you have your hands full.

No wonder you find it hard to find the time to look after yourself properly.

Do you manage to have *you* time ???

It is really important to have a little time for yourself. That way you feel better able to cope with everything else.

If I lived close to you I would come and do some batch cooking for you, just to give you a break.

Lol thanks :) and yh I get a little me time a couple of times a week when the kids dad has them for the afternoon x

I used to dabble, used to get online recipes, then one Christmas the Delia Cookbook arrived!

Great for beginners and experts alike.

Don't laugh, but it will even teach how to boil eggs correctly (so many people can't do this simple task consistently).

A lot of the recipes are gold old fashioned wholesome (read fattening) recipes but most can be adapted.

Cooking is great - especially batch-cooking when the little 'uns are in bed/sleeping. Batch-freeze curries, soups, lasagne, shepherd's pie, etc, - always a stock of decent food on tap - no need for "crap" then;)

I do appreciate time is of the essence with demanding toddlers though:p

Maybe get them involved making their own scones or rock cakes etc. they would love that I'm sure.
Steve

Yh I have those books there great iv tried a few things before I like the idea of batch cooking my mums been going to sw for a while so she's gona help me out tomorrow and were gona cook loads of stuff to freeze x

Back