I have about 102-116 lbs to lose. Would definately like a friend!

Hello there!

I havent set an exact target but between 102-116 is where I would really like to get-I'm only in my first week so I'm daunted but excited!

Does anybody else have similar stats/goals or even someone who just wants a natter, come and say hello!

HIYA! :)

Hiya! I joined weightwatchers & they have a gold card scheme where if your bmi is less than 25, you get free membership... so that's what I'm basing my goal on. At the start I had 109 to lose, so similar to you. Not very far into my journey yet :p

The top end of the bmi scale (aka 24) is a logical weight to aim for... I'm sure you know at the weight we're both at, it's hard to imagine being that size... so an estimation does fine. When you get nearer there you can always adjust to suit :)

Hi Latenineties, Welcome to the forum.
I notice that you have had a couple of goes before to get some response on here. So sorry that you haven't had a great deal of success so far but don't give up 'cos just every so often things go a bit slow.
However, on the brighter side, great that you are doing something about losing the weight and you will feel soo much better for it.

Do start up a diary, that is the best thing to get visitors to see how you are getting on and to be able to give you support and advice.

Take care and all the very best to you....:)

Hiya! I joined weightwatchers & they have a gold card scheme where if your bmi is less than 25, you get free membership... so that's what I'm basing my goal on. At the start I had 109 to lose, so similar to you. Not very far into my journey yet :p

The top end of the bmi scale (aka 24) is a logical weight to aim for... I'm sure you know at the weight we're both at, it's hard to imagine being that size... so an estimation does fine. When you get nearer there you can always adjust to suit :)

i deffo plan on getting there first, then seeing how i feel. the scheme on WW is a really good incentive! i think my problem, is i cant actually imagine being small (again-i used to be about 11stone, then met my boyfriend UH-OH) but what i can imagine is shopping-isnt that strange, i can see myself buying clothes but cant yet see me wearing them. though i think after my first weigh in that could change.

i think we can get there, dont you?

Hi Latenineties, Welcome to the forum.
I notice that you have had a couple of goes before to get some response on here. So sorry that you haven't had a great deal of success so far but don't give up 'cos just every so often things go a bit slow.
However, on the brighter side, great that you are doing something about losing the weight and you will feel soo much better for it.

Do start up a diary, that is the best thing to get visitors to see how you are getting on and to be able to give you support and advice.

Take care and all the very best to you....:)

hello there, thanks for the welcome. i dont really want visitors, id much rather make some friends you know?! but thought id better introduce myself : )

im all excited and nervous (on my first week) so i keep swinging between "this is brill" "this is terrifying" haha but i bet that is how it goes most weeks until i start to really get into the swing of things.

ive been reading your blog since you commented and its lovely. very thoughtful and interesting!

:)

Last edited:
hello there, thanks for the welcome. i dont really want visitors, id much rather make some friends you know?! but thought id better introduce myself : )

im all excited and nervous (on my first week) so i keep swinging between "this is brill" "this is terrifying" haha but i bet that is how it goes most weeks until i start to really get into the swing of things.

ive been reading your blog since you commented and its lovely. very thoughtful and interesting!

:)

Yes, I am aware that you would prefer friends - poor choice of words on my part!
Glad you found my blog interesting. Thanks for reading it.

Nothing to be terrified about - all good stuff as long as you remember that we all get down sometimes and not to let it throw you. No foods are BAD, in my opinion, just that we make different choices according to events at times, so just learn to suck it up, take a deep breath and move on, and not treat it as if you are a failure, and all that other stuff that usually happens.

Onwards and Downwards!! ...:)

hello and welcome aboard :) you will find lots of support and advice on here, we are all in the same boat :D

I too have a lot of weight to lose, but this time its working after being on countless diets over the years. :eek: Stay focused and take one day at a time, maybe set yourself mini goals and keeping a diary on here really helps me stay on track. I have made some really nice friends on here who pop into my diary daily and I read theirs every day and post comments, ( when you have time, why not have a quick look at the diary section and see if it is something which interests you? no pressure or anything, just a thought :))

Lots of luck and I look forward to getting to know you and reading your progress along the way... when do you weigh in?

Have a good day :)

hey and welcome to the crazy place called WeMITTS :D
After a week or two, the WW PP plan just sees to make sense and it becomes wrapped around your life so easily :) IMO its one of the easiest and most flexible diets to follow.
I know what you mean about buying clothes and wearing them :) I'm there with you too! I bought a 20 top yesterday and even that was like wow I've not bought this size in years! Felt good :)
See you about :)

Back