Newbie to Slimming World.....wish me luck! 5 stone to lose!

heylyla87

Hi all,

I've been a long time reader of minimins but very rarely post but decided that I need to to keep myself on track and I'm hoping that doing so regularly will help me and others a little.

My background is that I'm 27 years old and been overweight for as long as I can remember (definitely from around age 6/7).

The lightest I can remember being is around 16 stone when I was 17/18.

My weight crept up even more while I was in university and every so often I would cut back on food and lose a stone or two and put it on again.

About 2 years ago, I stepped on the scales and was horrified that I weighed 304lbs. I just couldnt believe it. I started counting calories and making changes to my diet (nothing too drastic) and I lost 3 stone in approximately 6 months.

However, ever since I have basically remained the same...losing/gaining the same 5 lbs every so often because I really havent been trying very hard.

Anyway, Iv been really frustrated the past week or two and after a particularly bingy Easter weekend, I stepped on the scales and saw 265lbs and I decided enough is enough. My lowest weight recently has been 255lbs so 10lbs was a lot to put on!

I have signed up to Slimming World online as Im in Ireland and there are no meetings near me. I have heard and seen so many success stories so Im hoping it will work for me. I feel as motivated as the time when I started the calorie counting and I just need to keep going.

Sick of feeling overweight and crap and I'm feeling my size 18 jeans getting a little tight and I refuse to buy a size 20 ever again.

My confidence soared when I lost 3 stone initially even though it was not a lot to lose at my weight but 3 stone more would make such a difference to me. I'm still young and genuinely feel like I'm not living enough and generally just sick of being the fat friend. I'm dreading summer coming with the thought of bare legs and shorts and I feel that it's now or never.

Im a little slow to set a target as I dont want to scare myself but around 11 1/2 or 12 stone would be the dream but I'll take it stone by stone.

Looking forward to reading all the brill tips on here. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:
Hey there ! :bighug:

Pull up a chair and pour yourself a coffee and settle in. We are all in this for the long haul, and you are very welcome to join the fun. Xxx I liken this place to Forrest gump and his ruh-niiing. All the people joining along the way just keep
ruh-ning and ruh-ning. We all keep each other ruh-niiiiing.

Hey there ! :bighug:

Pull up a chair and pour yourself a coffee and settle in. We are all in this for the long haul, and you are very welcome to join the fun. Xxx I liken this place to Forrest gump and his ruh-niiing. All the people joining along the way just keep
ruh-ning and ruh-ning. We all keep each other ruh-niiiiing.

Thanks a mil! I just have to keep posting I think to try and stay focused.

Day 1 going well so far.

Going to spend the eve reading up online.

Good luck! You can do it :)

I have always gone back to the SW diet and found it works well, I have always managed to reach my goal when I put my mind to it. I'm just not so good at keeping it off....lol!

Hello! I've found this place to be invaluable for advice, recipes and general support whilst starting Slimming World. :)

Good luck. It may take a little while to get your head completely around the plan but will soon be second nature.

Use the SW online features for calculating stuff you're unsure off, it also has some great recipes. And ask away on here

You'll get there

Welcome and good luck! I'm sure you'll soon be flying along with your weight loss. Just keep posting away on here, especially if you have any problems or questions and someone will always be available to help. Enjoy! :)

Kathy x

welcome to SW and to Mini's!

It's a great place for helping you keep your focus, and as Kay said we're all in it for the long haul :)

Good luck!

I rejoined last week and also have 5 stone to lose! If you have a diary in here, I'd love to follow you and we can support each other :)

Hiya..Welcome and Good Luck! The best thing I think about SW is it changes the way you think about food. Don't get me wrong we all still have the odd wobble, but it really does work! As the others have said Minis is great for support! Loving G.E.M summing up of this place!...lol..

Lots of luck you can do it :) I think if you hold your hands up and say I'm doing this thats a major step towards your goal without even loosing weight. Joining SW and minimins is a major turning point for us all. There's so much information and support here you will find it really helps im sure

Back