I have completely fudged the diet up, advice needed!!

Hi,

Warning: this is a long rambling feeling sorry for myself post!!

I have been lurking on this forum for a while but never really posted. I am looking for some advice as I have had a major wobble on my diet the last few days!

I joined weight watchers a month ago and was fine with the propoints for the first few weeks - I found it reasonably easy to stick to, the only negative was these few weeks have had the odd event that has used my bonus points which has been annoying as they were not only used in full but also on things I ate not particularly out of choice. So I don't feel as though I enjoyed them as much as I could have as they were wasted in a way.

This was all fine until I went away for the weekend with friends. None of them are on diets and I haven't really shared with everyone that I am, ended up using all my propoints on alcohol and the odd naughty meal but did not go over by much I don't think.

At weigh in I put on half a pound, this was okay as it wasn't a massive amount so no big deal. So this past week I have been relatively good, stuck to points every day with the exception of Saturday. This was a birthday Barbeque with food provided and I would have ate/drank all my weeklies and dailies here. I found it really hard to point but made sure to have 24 points the next few days to make it back (I usually have 26.)

I was expecting to lose and then put on another half pound which really put me down. I know I did not have much time for exercise this week but don't see how I put on. This made me feel like giving up so ended up going out for a Chinese buffet, came home and had chocolate truffles.

This morning I woke up planning to draw a line under it and move on.. Things started well with fruit and a ww mousse for breakfast. Then at lunch I planned to get something from the canteen as I forgot my lunch.. They have a wok station and I got the tomato pasta, didn't realise they added cream when making and it was quite a big portion.. At a rough guess I imagined around 26pp for it - my whole days points!

So I just ate it stupidly, and then a ww bar afterward too! And a few dark chocolate buttons! Then felt really guilty and fat and came home.. Where the truffles were waiting! Had 4 and then my boyfriend informs me we are going to dinner at his parents.

So off we go to spaghetti bolognese, quite a generous serving with a little parmesan cheese. I am not even tracking anymore!! Followed by fruit and some cookie dough ice cream.

Now I am feeling completely terrible and can't believe what a mess I have made of things!

To make things worse I am going on holiday Tuesday for a week and will be going to the food capital of Italy, Bologna! I Just know I won't be able to stick to points out there and I would like to try the food, so I think this is affecting me this week as I can't focus!

I am going to start using this forum more for recipe ideas and concentrate on my weeklies and using them more sensibly, but just wondered if anyone had any advice how to move past such a massive jump off the wagon! I am glad I won't be in the country for my next weigh in as I am too embarrassed to know how much I will put on!

Thanks in advance!! :)

You can either restart when you get back or try simply filling?

Also I understand not telling people but I told everyone so that food choices were easier to make and friends and family wouldn't offer naughty things to me . You could even tell the canteen at work??

X

First of all big hugs to you. I think my best advice would be try to be food conscious without "dieting" go and enjoy your holiday and refocus when you get back, we all have wobbles hun mine lasted a year im ashamed to say, just don't let that happen to you. If you want to do it then you can do it. Good luck xx

You're quite hard on yourself... I have had wobbles that lasted months. I do keep coming back to WW though!
What I would say is don't set yourself up for failure... You should probably tell a couple friends or family you want to lose weight so they know & are supportive rather than hindering it.
Can you bring lunches with you to work? This is what I do as I find deli counters and the like really high in pp. I'm on 26pp a day aswell... I see you said you'd eaten 24. Even if you've overeaten, you shouldn't eat less than 26 as you're just starving your body then and your body will hang on too the food in case you "starve" again (no one should eat less than 26 remember). Instead drink lots of water and eat plenty of clean foods, minimize junk & do some exercise. When I eat too little I end up binging and this is probably what happens to you too? I over eat if I leave myself hungry so be sure to eat filling foods regularly too :)
Enjoy your holiday but try to be sensible or get plenty of exercise (lots of walking around :) )

You just need to make a choice I suppose of whether you want to really try sticking to this or not (if you're ready to give it 100%). I got fed up of hating the mirror but the determination is _hard_ to find so I understand where you're coming from! X Enjoy your hols hon x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for all your advice, its nice to talk to people who understand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Its not that I have kept this from everyone, my family and closest friends know, but extended friends etc I haven’t shared it with. It does definitely help being around people who know as they make a lot of effort to not shove tempting things infront of you – whereas this is what I am faced with whenever I attend big gatherings etc! I know it may seem an over reaction to be making a big deal out of this, but this combined with my holiday is making me concerned when I get back I will be heavier than my starting weight! I might have a look into simply filling, although I am generally happy on propoints until something knocks my confidence. I am hoping after my trip to really knuckle down and start making lots of low point recipes etc so I can have a bit of variety rather than constant stir fries! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Generally I do make lunch for work, I usually make my dinner in 2 portions, or make a sandwich/grab a ready meal if late. There is no excuse for me to not bring my lunch really – especially as my work is next door to a massive supermarket! I think I need to bring in fruit & veg snacks so I can nibble without going over my points. I guess it is easy to become lazy and repetitive which then leads to boredom and going off track.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What do most people do when going away on holiday? I guess certain trips you can manage, especially if self catering or somewhere that doesn’t have amazing food that is very calorific! Perhaps I should have reconsidered the destination! I don’t have great willpower when forbidden foods are in front of me! I may just abandon propoints for a week but not go overboard, luckily I prefer tomato based sauces to creamy heavy ones so hopefully I wont put on like half a stone! The area is supposed to be great for walking and cycling so this will up my exercise I guess.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can definitely relate to the eating too little leading to bingeing as well! I think I am going to google a low propoint potato salad and bulk this out with lots of veg for tea, there is no use going off track before I leave on Tuesday. Although I do have two Gu puddings in the fridge with the date up soon – maybe they will survive in the freezer![/FONT]

Iv had 2weeks of complete hell, constantly hungry. Eating loadsa choc and alcohol and 2chineses!! I know il be up this week, but I can see that I need to recommit myself, its so hard. I bring my lunch to work but find that I get so hungry between breaks that my measly salad or ww bread and ham will barely fill the smallest cornor of my stomach! I don't feel like I eat very different, just smaller portions but I'm always hungry! I hate everyone knowing your doin ww aswell if I hear "how'd you get on this week" once more! Feeling your pain hun x

Back