I have done everything...but still no sign of movement :(

j-lo_00b

Success leads to success
Hey guys

Need some advice :cool:

Just over 2 weeks ago, I thought my bowel movement problems were sorted as I was going frequently, followed by a bout of the runs.

Well since then (16 days now) I have had no bowel movement whatsoever (sorry if tmi), I have tried senna, senna max, lactoluse (which is prescribed to my mum), fibre clear and have been having 4litres of water a day.

I really dont want to take anymore laxatives because they are doing nothing and im scared of becoming ill if i take anymore. Ive tried sitting on a hot water bottle and massaging the abdomen but still nothing.

Im really concerned now as the last movement was violent and ive had nothing since, so not sure if Im blocked.

Should I go see the doctor?? Im apprehensive that she may not approve of the diet.

Even worse my mother who did lipotrim is now begging me to eat a high fibre food like oats. I really want to stay on lipotrim until the 28th, but I dont want to get ill either.

Sorry its a long post but I am unsure as to what to do :( xx

I definity think you should either speak to the pharmacist or your doctor its very strange that you're still waiting after such a long time. you are so close to your goal so i understand why you want to hang on but you can do maintenance instead of the full blown lipotrim and still have 2 shakes and one meal which can be high fibre to loose the last few pounds after all losing weight is to make you more healthy wats the point if you damage your body. your doctor may not agree with it but others do as this was first introduced as a GP only diet. Think about your health first. and if you finally get to go you might lose alot of weight.

Good Luck.

Oh woman, it looks like you've tried everything bar colonic irrigation! If Fibreclear and senna isn't doing anything I really dont know what you can do! Sorry I'm no good to ya, just wanted to post my sympathies. HUGS!!!

That's awful. You must be really uncomfortable hun. I was having similar probs and I now swear by peppermint tea. If I have a cup or two in the morning I'm going 'regularly' on an evening. Give it a go... it's the only thing that works for me

xx

Thanks girls :)

anne marie - thank you, I think im going to give it 2 more days - if nothing I think im going to have to see the doctor rather than the pharmacist. Something has got to be in there as I have 1 flapjack a day and its got to come out at some point. The 2 shakes and a meal sounds like a good option to go to.

Blackrose - thank you hun, maybe I need a colonic, know idea how I go about one though :)

Determined girl - I dont have any peppermint tea but im sure my neighbour will have some, Ill give that a whirl and have a few cups between now and tommorow. Thank you, didnt think of that one :) At least its natural, im banning coffee now as that can make the problem worse.

also if you can get hold of something called psyllium husks (you can take them in a capsule form) they're BRILLIANT but you'd have to ring LT helpline to check they're ok on the diet. They 100% work

xx

Thank you hun I will double check them tommorow too, with the pharmacist, as im actually beginning to feel sick now as well as bloated. Hopefully they will work, with not so far to go I want to stick to lt to the end! :)

So sorry to hear you are having problems. I don't want to suggest any kind of medication as the ones that you have taken should have done the job.
I was just thinking, are you eating any of the flapjacks? Because it is solid it might make you need to go to the toilet. If you are then I have no other advise but to speak to your pharmacy if you are not then I am thinking you might want to give the peanut one a try for a couple of days.
Hope you sort this out babes
xxx

I know you don't really want to take anymore laxatives, but Dulcolax is the only thing that worked for me. They're tiny little tablets, but only take one though as they're like rocket fuel :eek:

So sorry to hear you are having problems. I don't want to suggest any kind of medication as the ones that you have taken should have done the job.
I was just thinking, are you eating any of the flapjacks? Because it is solid it might make you need to go to the toilet. If you are then I have no other advise but to speak to your pharmacy if you are not then I am thinking you might want to give the peanut one a try for a couple of days.
Hope you sort this out babes
xxx

Thanks Jesi, thing is Ive recently been having a peanut flapjack once a day for the last 11 days- I thought they would have helped but no such luck :( xx

I know you don't really want to take anymore laxatives, but Dulcolax is the only thing that worked for me. They're tiny little tablets, but only take one though as they're like rocket fuel :eek:

Thanks Lou, this is the only thing I have not tried yet - just a little scared about them to be honest- I will see what the pharmacist thinks, if their rocket fuel they should do the job nicely lol! x

Oh Jodie I feel your pain! I was the same!

I now take pysllium husk capsules and a senokot max and I'm managing to go every 3 days. Although saying that I never went at all this week and was in complete agony (Forgot to take the husks) so last night I took 2 Senokot Max and this morning it was erm..an explosion to put it mildly! I've felt a bit off all day so I'll not be doing that in a hurry again.

Try the husks and the tea and if they don't move you then go see the Docs.

X

Hello

The most i haven't been was 1 week, now i take 2 senokot everyday and it seem sto do the trick, I also heard that Exlax is very efficient.

Back