I have gallstones :(

fuzzyduck

Had a US scan on Tuesday evening and I turns out I have gallstones :cry:.

Got to go back and see my GP next week and see what they want to do about them. Fingers crossed they want to remove my gallbladder.

I knew it was a side effect of rapid weight loss but I had hoped it wouldn't affect me :sigh:.

So I'm back on CD for the time being. I seem to get fewer attacks on CD and i'd like to lose as much as possible before the op as I won't be able to SS or 790 for 3 months afterwards.

So sorry to hear your news Niki. My mum had gallstones and I know they can smash them or alternative remove the gallbladder with keyhole which is less obtrusive. They always say the main people at risk of gallstone are women who are fair, fat and forty so who knows if we don't do CD we may get them anyway. I think one of the main triggers is eating fat as it causes the gall bladder to work so understandably CD may help at the moment.

I hope you get it sorted soon and as painlessly as possible.

Well done on your weight loss to date which is amazing!

Georgie
x

Oh you poor thing, hope your not in too much pain. As Porgeous said they may be able to blast them with a laser but if you do have to have surgery at least it's keyhole now and you recover much quicker.

Hey hun dont worry about the possibility of an op......I had my gallbladder out 8yrs ago and was such a relief.
I was up and about the day after........and then home.
I was told to avoid fatty foods and dairy products, to try to prevent a flare up.

Hi,
Just wanted to say that I was diagnosed with Gall stones, told to have my gall bladder out, went to the hospital yesterday and the tablets I was givent hat help are for stomach so now they think I have stomach probs not gall bladder so having a Camera down my throat b4 they remove my gall bladder!!!! Had my scan in Oct so been messed about for nearly a yr now its stupid hate the NHS!!!!

I feel for u tho hun I know the pain its horrible!!!!

Hi Nikki,

The pain of gallstones is awful, poor you.

A couple of members of my family had them.

They do key hole surgery now which is pretty straight forward.

Try not to worry.

Love Mini xxx

I had my gallbladder removed when I was 19 years old. I had gallstones and an infected gallbladder - it was SO painful so I really feel for you.

I was just the 50th person to have keyhole surgery in my town at that time and it all went perfectly!

I've had absolutely no problems since - who needs a gallbladder anyway?!

If you want to ask anything please feel free to pm me

xxxx

Hi FuzzyDuck,

I had my gallbladder out last month by keyhole surgery. Maybe I was just lucky but I can honestly say it was virtually a non-event. So much less painful than previous lower abdominal surgery I've had in the past, and much easier to get over. Such a relief not having to worry about gallstone attacks any more as well - ouch!!

I believe I almost certainly had gallstones before I tried CD (the Dr said my gallbladderwas 'packed' with stones), but doing a VLCD triggered the attacks.

Good luck with whatever you and your GP decide to do.
SM

Hi Niki,I too found out I had multiple gallstones, and lucky I have bupa and had my gall bladder removed via keyhole on 16th July. Much better afterwards, but unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and got a chest infection and now due to the coughing I have a post op hernia. Therefore I have another op booked in for 3rd September to fix me... Gall bladder removal is so much less painful than an attack, and I wouldn't think twice about having it out again!Good luck with whatever you decide (aparantely I was just unlucky!)Love

Back