I have to climb a 120 pound mountain!

ohbother

Hello everyone

I am 25 and live in the East Midlands. I am currently about 250 pounds as of this Monday just gone(I have no idea why I count in pounds rather than kg or stones!) and apparently my ideal weight in the middle of the healthy range is about 130 pounds. I feel really intimidated by the amount I need to lose.
None of my old clothes fit me any more. I have had weight issues since my teens, but a few years ago I managed to get down to around 170 pounds. But after a bad year last year I gained loads and now I have not much to wear, am really unfit and I feel yucky.

I joined Weight watchers a few days ago. I had been eating more healthily for a few weeks but I needed more structure and a family member suggested Weight watchers online. It's a bit fiddly but kind of fun so I'm sticking to it. I've also started using my rowing machine which was in the spare room gathering dust.

I am hoping this diary will give me some accountability.
I will check back in on my next weigh day on Monday.

Welcome, it's lovely to have you here and you'll find plenty of support on the forum. If you're having a bad day post here and someone will talk you out of that jam doughnut and make you feel better.

For what it's worth, one thing I've learnt on here from the ladies with a lot to lose is don't set your expectations too high in terms of weekly losses. The guys that seem to be nailing it put a smiley next to their posts on weeks where they lose a pound instead of getting frustrated that it isn't more. The human body is an odd thing and doesn't always behave in ways that match what you've eaten and exercised.

Also they never seem to set their sights too far forward giving themselves 10 stone to lose in a year for example. They just count a pound at a time.

There is a section on here called WEMITTS for people with a lot to lose and you'll find lots of support there too. Tracy one of the regulars on here is a bit of a legend and lost 10stone calorie counting with a daily chocolate treat and zero exercise! At least another 4-5 threads on that section are from people who have lost 5-10stone. Really inspirational.

Very best of luck and I hope you succeed

Back