I hope I've found my thing.

JustForMe

Gold Member
I've been on and off this forum for 10 years! That's crazy to me. I've done every diet imaginable. Several variants of VLCD. Slimming world, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Calorie Counting. More I can't even think of. It is always a battle. I lose weight, I get comfortable and then I never stick to anything. All of my 20's I've had a battle with obesity and feeling like crap. I've avoided taking any pictures of myself, I've even felt too embarrassed to leave the house because of the way I look.

A lot has changed in the last 10 years. I got married, I moved from the UK to the states, I had a kid. She's now three years old and I struggled to keep up with her and I feel like I cannot enjoy doing things with her because my weight holds me back. I was always in a rush too. I wanted to reach my goal weight the fastest and easiest way possible. That just does not work. Well for me anyway.

Mid June this year I realized that in 6 months I would be turning 30! I don't want to feel like this for another decade. I don't want to avoid the camera, I want to feel confident enough to putting on my bathing suit and go swimming with my daughter. We live in the South so the summer is really hot and we have access to an awesome pool. I have way too much access to fast food, I cannot walk anywhere because unless you live in a really big city here you can't. I've got complacent and I have got lazy.

I always tend to steer towards low carb. I knew a lot about keto from previous diets but never thought it was really sustainable. But it is! I don't miss all the things I ate before for comfort. I've found so many easy substitutions for when I want pasta based dishes. It's so easy. I don't even have to think about what I put in my mouth. I don't need to log and track every bit of food that I eat and no feeling hungry.

Anyway, enough of a ramble. I guess this is my mini diary and keeping up with my own thoughts. Good luck to everyone starting their journeys, again. And everyone else, you are doing fantastic!

Hi JFM and welcome back! Your move to the US sounds exciting - and they have so many more low carb options there too. And look at your losses, that's fabulous!

Like you I've done every plan imaginable and I do feel that we're instinctively drawn to the type of diet that will get us to goal. I tried SW once before and did terribly but I think it was because I just wasn't listening to my body and kept shovelling the pasta in, put on weight and tried to blame the plan (as you do) - so I restarted in Jan, keep things low carb (have bread and pasta/rice rarely) and now I'm 5 stone down and staying with it, which is an absolute first for me! :).

Good luck on your journey x

Hi JFM and welcome back! Your move to the US sounds exciting - and they have so many more low carb options there too. And look at your losses, that's fabulous!

Like you I've done every plan imaginable and I do feel that we're instinctively drawn to the type of diet that will get us to goal. I tried SW once before and did terribly but I think it was because I just wasn't listening to my body and kept shovelling the pasta in, put on weight and tried to blame the plan (as you do) - so I restarted in Jan, keep things low carb (have bread and pasta/rice rarely) and now I'm 5 stone down and staying with it, which is an absolute first for me! :).

Good luck on your journey x

Thank you so much! There are more low carb variants available, but it all seems to be pre packaged over here. I miss the freshness and ease of the UK. But not having access to sausage rolls and Greggs is helping tremendously! 5 stone is absolutely fantastic. Very well done on your loss!

Thought I’d pop in to say good luck with your goals. I was similar to you when I lost 7 stone, although I ve mucked about with 2 of those stones the other 5 has never come back. Sometimes there just seems to be a mental shift and it happens. You sound like you're there
Jx

Managed to weigh in a day late! 3lbs down this week. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm only 3lbs away from a 50lbs loss. This is huge for me because I always want things to go too fast, it's unsustainable and well, I set that as my target by Christmas I would have lost that weight and I am a good few weeks ahead. Next target is to be 4 stone down!

Weighed in yesterday. Only a 1lb loss this week. I like at least two. I had a bit of a rough week where I ate more typically carby foods. That mixed with Shark week is not always good. But, onwards and downwards. 2..2lbs until 50lbs gone,

1st of November today, Eeek! Where has the year gone? I'm going to start with monthly targets methinks, instead of weeks. It can get frustrating. Has a mini weigh in this morning, I'm down just over 10lbs for October. :p. I'm setting myself a smaller goal of 8lbs for November. That will mean I will break my 50lb loss (1.8lb away) and 4 stone. (7.8lb) away. November seems like it is food month in the US. We have thanksgiving and I love turkey and carbs. Oh boy, this is going to be a challenge for me!

Cheeky weigh in this morning, going away again tomorrow for until Tues. 50lbs down! I did a little dance, I won't lie. My husband also came home from work last night and wrapped his arms around me and said 'You're so small.' I'm not, but he's hes a daft sod and is super sweet!

Back