I just cant do this,please help me

emilyj

I have been playing about with this diet for weeks, at the start I lost 4 1/2 stone with no problems but now I have put a stone back on and I just cant do it any more.
I do 3 days, I fine it sooooooooo hard then on day 4 I feel fine and just seem to blow it. I bing eat a huge amount when i think people arnt watching which I never did before this diet. I only have another 3 stone to loose, I really need to do this now but just dont know how anymore HELP PLEASE

Hi Emily,
I am new on here but I am not new to dieting, what is happening to you now is so common, you feel good about your weight loss so far and it makes you complacent, just really try a refocus on your goal and don't underestimate what you have done so far, 50lbs is AMAZING. Think what an inspiration you are to people like me at the beginning of our weightloss journey who haven't lost a pound yet! - Use that to continue your journey, you are more than half way there, don't give up now! :) x

emilyj said:
I have been playing about with this diet for weeks, at the start I lost 4 1/2 stone with no problems but now I have put a stone back on and I just cant do it any more.
I do 3 days, I fine it sooooooooo hard then on day 4 I feel fine and just seem to blow it. I bing eat a huge amount when i think people arnt watching which I never did before this diet. I only have another 3 stone to loose, I really need to do this now but just dont know how anymore HELP PLEASE

Hi Emily,

I have been where you are many times. Lose weight only to put it straight back on but I always feel really rubbish after. All I have done is keep reminding myself how well I am doing and how happy it is making me. I also remember the bad feelings of guilt and anger I have when I have been on a binge. Whenever I think I am goona start eating I jump in a bath or put on some music. It stops me thinking about food and gives me time to regain my focus. Coming on here also really helps as everyone knows how you feel and will talk you out of a binge.

Hope you feel better soon x

emilyj said:

You absolutely CAN do this Emily, you've done it before so you can do it again. You've lost an amazing amount of weight so far, so think about the positives. Maybe approach it in a different way and instead of trying to jump straight back into TS (if that's what you're doing) try and do WS. It's still Exante and you could lose up to 10lbs a month, have your 3 packs and a low carb meal so that you still have the sensation of eating. Once you get into ketosis you might find it easier to go back to TS.

strawberry220 said:
what is happening to you now is so common, you feel good about your weight loss so far and it makes you complacent

This is absolutely true. Im going through the same thing right now, I'm almost a stone away from goal and I keep sabotaging myself. For the last three weeks I have struggled to get back on the plan because everyone keeps saying that I look great and don't need to lose anymore weight etc but I will persevere and keep trying.

(Sent from my iPhone)

Last edited:
I just want to thank you all for you replys, I know your all right, I found it hard after people started telling me how good I looked and I started to like photos of myself, with the stone back on I can really see its gpong on again. Right its a month before I go on a little family break time to get back on it, think I will do ws for a day or two as I can see this might just help.xx

I'm with u Emily I can totally understand wat ur saying I've put on a stone over summer hold etc so feeling like a sorry arse we can do this we've done it before good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Emily, just wanted to send you hugs. You can and will do this. As you know that day 4 is you trigger try a couple of things for me.

1. dont get on the scales at all until day 7. That way you can be complacent about losses over the first few days,

2. Focus on getting beyond day 3 or 4, they really are the worst by a mile as we all feel starving and knackered before we get to K.

If you can get to day 7 without binging then you will crack it and be able to go a few weeks at a time on TS

Also whilst sticking to TS why not try to get some councelling for the binging, or if not come up with a plan about how you will introduce food back into your diet without going crazy on the wrong stuff.

Best wishes, you CAN do this!

I feel for you Emily, I really do. You know why? Because I have been there. People tell you you look great, you feel great, you can see a difference - then think, oh I will have this it won't harm me, oh I'll have a little slice of that - and then we are on the downward spiral.

You have done marvellous to have lost so much, so really you CAN do it can't you? You know you can because you have proven it. So, come on, get your a**e in gear and start again.

I have just bought my months supply to start Monday and I am absolutely dreading it. I am nearly crying with the thoughts of it, but I have to do it. I am feeling so unhappy with myself and know I only need to get the first week done and I will be fine. This time next week I will be in ketosis and ready and raring to lose 3 stone - something you have already done!

Im in exactly the same place as you, when I fall off the wagon its big style, I once stood in my kitchen and ate a whole days worth of food in about 10mins... I ate everything I had craved and turned down, before I had even finished what I was eating I was looking for the next thing to eat... disgusting!

For me personally I think its because im now a size 14, im seen as normal size but i dont want to be "normal" size, I was to be slim but I forget that at times and thats when the eating starts... if I had of stuck at the diet 100% I would have been at goal early last year but cant focus on that... if I was happy with my weight, I would have stopped the diet, I wouldnt keep coming back for another go.

I know I can do it... its just getting my head in the right place again, the same for you, you know you can lose the last 3 stone, you just need to get back to wanting it as badly as you did when you first started.

thank you all for you help and being so honest about where you are with the diet, I didnt realize so many other people were feeliing the same as me. Right well I could really do with the suport of having to face people each week when I weigh in, do any of you want to join a little group so we know if one of us doest say there loose and we know each other lol???????

I'm in! I've lost 3 stone too and been messing around losing and gaining the same 7 lbs, time for me to commitmet today to ta and get back on the zone as this really won't help my metabolism sure. Scares me a little that I'm still binging as I don't want to go back to 16stone 10 (my biggest) ever again. So today is the day and around December I should be at goal, let's do it ladies!!!

I'll join in too :)

Right thats great I am starting today Im going to ws today and then ts from there on in I am not going to weight at all in the week and my weigh day will be sat each week. shall I start a new thread for us called "the strugglers to target" so we all know were we are!!!

Go for it Emily, I have been looking for some new mo Iyar on and maybe this is it! Thanks for sharing your story and giving me the preverbal kick up the bum I needed.

Not doing bad so far, 2 packs down, but it's always early evening that is my problem time!

Yep sounds good to me :)

Can I join too? I'm new on here so not sure how to join the group :-/
My weigh in day is Saturday too. (My first weigh in!) x

I'm glad you're sticking with it. I've been bingeing likea madwoman most of this year and have managed to put on 2stone in weight so now I'm back to lose it again.
You're not alone. Come on, we can do it!!!

The secret is not to beat yourself up over "blips". you are only human! The existance of diets like this, and this forum, should tell you that!

You should take a moment next time you are out and about. You will see plenty of people who should be trying to lose weight, but have not got the resolve to do it - it's something to be proud of.

Try this - every time you blip, put a pound coin in a jar. Every time you want to but don't, take one out. Challenge yourself to keep the jar empty. Sounds like a daft idea, but it might help....

Back