I just can't get going

Juliet68

I don't know what is wrong with me but I just can't get going with losing weight even though I am desperately unhappy with the weight I am.

I really was going to start this weekend but havent - part of me says to wait till after next weekend as its my birthday and my parents are coming to stay. But I guess that is just putting it off.

I think I am scared of trying something new - I have done SW before but never for more than a month and have always reverted back to WW.

My counsellor would just tell me to be nice to myself and the weight will fall off. Personally I think I need a big boot up my behind!

just start, even half hearted trying is better than not trying at all.
you can do it x

Break it up into small and achievable chunks.
If you are concerned that your birthday and parents visit will make you fall off the plan, then wait. The reason I say this, is that it may make you feel even worse than you do now. That said, it is possible to have 'events' and still stay on the SW plan!
Then, give yourself a small target, for example, 'I will stay on this plan for the next 4 weeks'. You can then see how you feel at this time - it is more than likely that you will have some great losses and be more inspired to continue.

With me, it was just making that start - the rest has been absolutely fine. I'm not saying that there are not days when I feel as though I eat every bad thing in sight, but I did make a committment to myself and I have enjoyed every minute of it (love the food etc etc).

Best of luck - you know that you can do it, its just finding that courage to make that leap.

Aww I am exactly the same, I find it really hard to get going. I took the step last week by joining my local group eventhough I knew that I had a lot on over the past few weeks. Was gutted I put on 1lb but also got a big clap for coming to class despite everything that has been going on.

Hugs
Vikki xxxx

I agree with everything going2be fab at40 says. The hardest bit it starting, once you're off and seeing losses, you'll be more inspired and motivated to carry on.

You can do it! Good luck xxx

Back