I know i keep going on but...

Give me strength! I have had a quick peek at scales this morning, not due on or anything and i have put 2lb of the 3 i lost last time back on! I don't get it!

Perhaps your cal allowance is too low? Your body might think it's starving and hang onto every last ounce. I had that last time I tried to diet and I couldn't get anywhere. This time I'm on 1400/1500 even though I weigh 10 stone and I expect it will take a long time. I just don't want to get to the point where my metabolism tries to save everything.

I will just put weight on tho then wont i... Will see what i weigh Wednesday

^ Hi Vicky,

I have this all the time, so I reduce my cals. Some say increase your cals and it's so difficult to know what to do :( I reduce and go under 1000 sometimes just to make a lb's difference in a week. It is so unfair and I wish someone could tell me or you why this happens. I lost 4lb's last week, I have snook on the scales and yes guess what gained 2lb's??? Why? I haven't had anything different I have stuck to my 1000 cal limit?? So clearly my body needs less cals??? But everyone says go up a a few :(

I don't get it either.

Give me strength indeed.

Exactly, its so disheartening isnt it! :(

Yes it is...

I was thinking about reducing my cals, but part of me believes 1000 should be low enough!!! :sigh: Also I don't get the 'starvation mode' thing. I'm sure it is true but it stands to reason if you take in less cals than you burn off you will lose weight. People say don't reduce your cals you'll never lose weight but (only speaking theoretically) there must come a point where you do lose weight? I dunno, I'm with you Vicky, in that I live on practically nothing and still manage to gain?? There must be cals in air.

Some people just loose less on 1000 than they would on e.g. 1200. If your body has gone into stubborn mode goin to 1200 kcal for a week might really help out. It's not a massive amount more and it could really help..

Good luck!

Back