I know Im being cheeky and Im sorry but

Tab

I realise I need help. I live on disability payments so cant afford to go to classes. I joined a couple of years ago and found extra easy was my kind of plan, lost some weight and then life went crazy meaning I had no money no time no motivation and I hit rock bottom. Since then Ive tried to drag myself back to the person I want to be but I found that wasnt as easy as I thought.

I was drinking way to much and after finding I have a liver problem as well as a heart problem (possibly) on top of ME/CFS, arthritis and depression Im scared of going back down. I know I drink too much alcohol but in a way its because Im scared of stopping but Im beginning to see that stopping may cause problems but not as many as carrying on my drinking habit.

So Im basically asking if I dig my old books out and follow extra easy is it possible for me to ask you all what syns apply or where Im going wrong? I dont want to bore you or freak you out but I feel without support or harrassment (spelling?) Im never going to be where I want to be.

My brain understands logic but then I get really exhausted and reach the dont care stage and it all goes wrong and thats way before 'normal' people reach that point so I feel like a failiure and a total waste of time which isnt how I plan on spending the rest of my life.

So if its ok with you I will post my daily menu's and hope you can help me with syns and stuff. I may start by using my daily syns for a glass of wine which I know is outside the guidelines but its better than 2 bottles!

I hope that I can help support you on your journey as well but just at the moment I dont have much confidence in that

So like I say Im sorry for being such a cheeky cow but please may I join you??????

love
Tab

Hi tab, sounds like you really need to do this and try to undo some of the damage you have done.... Drinking lots is never going to get you in a good place, why don't you start a diary in the diary section.... There are lots of lovely people on here and I am sure they will keep you on track ;) if you need to ask syns, google them or just ask in syn value section... Good luck, be strong and fight for you, because your very important :)

It sounds like you really want to make some changes to your life, so no-one should think you cheeky or judge you for that. We're all here for different reasons hun, and the fabulous thing about Minimins is how supportive everyone is. We may all experience some tough love on here every so often, but I think it's because people genuinely want to help :) So post away hun and I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to help you achieve your SW goals :) xx

Make a diary in the food diary thread, im more than happy to read over it each day and try and help you :) (no expert myself like)

Thank you all. I know I need to make changes but I also know I need help and this is the best place I could think of. My GP laughed at me when I asked and said they dont have that kind of money. He then refferred me to the nurse who went on about 'its not rocket science move more eat less' which isnt helpful if youre disabled and then she actually said ' your not stupid like some of the numpties I see' I reported that to my doc who said nothing helpful lol
Thank you
love
tab

Oh trust me Ive gone down that route and now when I complain he actually listens. In fact hes as appauled at what Ive been told by surgery staff as I was which is helpful. Plus I will never see that nurse again and will quite happily tell the whole room why lol

Definitely start a food diary. As a previous ME/CFS sufferer can i also suggest you do some exercise-even if its just walking around the block to begin with. I understand this will be the last thing you feel like doing and may be difficult with your arthritis, but trust me you will feel a lot better after it and it will get your endorphins flowing which will also help with the depression. You should start to notice a difference in your energy levels.

Theres some of the healthy extra amounts will have changed - mostly for the better since you got your pack. You will probably find new values if you do a search on here or in other peoples food diaries.

And my final piece of advise is to join a challenge on here or one of the moving through the stones threads so that you have to tell someone your weigh in result each week.

Good luck

Tab said:
I realise I need help. I live on disability payments so cant afford to go to classes. I joined a couple of years ago and found extra easy was my kind of plan, lost some weight and then life went crazy meaning I had no money no time no motivation and I hit rock bottom. Since then Ive tried to drag myself back to the person I want to be but I found that wasnt as easy as I thought.

I was drinking way to much and after finding I have a liver problem as well as a heart problem (possibly) on top of ME/CFS, arthritis and depression Im scared of going back down. I know I drink too much alcohol but in a way its because Im scared of stopping but Im beginning to see that stopping may cause problems but not as many as carrying on my drinking habit.

So Im basically asking if I dig my old books out and follow extra easy is it possible for me to ask you all what syns apply or where Im going wrong? I dont want to bore you or freak you out but I feel without support or harrassment (spelling?) Im never going to be where I want to be.

My brain understands logic but then I get really exhausted and reach the dont care stage and it all goes wrong and thats way before 'normal' people reach that point so I feel like a failiure and a total waste of time which isnt how I plan on spending the rest of my life.

So if its ok with you I will post my daily menu's and hope you can help me with syns and stuff. I may start by using my daily syns for a glass of wine which I know is outside the guidelines but its better than 2 bottles!

I hope that I can help support you on your journey as well but just at the moment I dont have much confidence in that

So like I say Im sorry for being such a cheeky cow but please may I join you??????

love
Tab

Hi Tab
Go to the slimming world teams section I started a sw with ME/CFS thread! I don't always write long threads myself but I always read the posts and I'll reply to any syn values etc you need, us disabled have to stick together ;)
Also my link to my diary is in my sig pop in any time :) any questions welcome :)
Love Carly x

Sounds like its absolutely the right time to be getting into this again and half the battle is making the decision to tackle things head on so good on you for getting to that point. A glass of wine can definitely be within your daily syns but make sure you have plenty of free and superfree food stocked up in case it gives you the munchies. Don't know about you but when I drink I have a "what the hell I'll worry about it tomorrow" attitude and syns can creep in especially if you associate drinking with snacking. Maybe you can lengthen your drinks a bit by having them in a tall glass with some soda or mineral water. Will help with dehydrating effects of alcohol too. I agree with what everyone else has said but also think if you just take it slowly and don't expect yourself to change overnight and don't beat yourself up if things don't go quite as you had planned you will get to where you want to be. If things aren't going to plan that's the time to post on here and get some help cos we are all in the same boat and will help out as much as possible. Break things down into small goals which might just include sticking to your one glass of wine per day initially and join up with some of the challenges on here where people are supporting each other to get to their goals. Eating lots of fresh fruit and good healthy food is only going to be good for your liver and needn't be expensive so should be doable on a budget. Good luck and keep posting!

Thank you for all the replies and support. Im planning on going swimming this morning and then coming home via asda's so I can stock up on fruit and veg.
My Mum joined SW a few weeks ago and Im planning on borrowing her book and making notes on the changes with healthy extra's. I was at the parents a lot last week as family were staying and by eating more healthy food and doing a lot more walking although I ended up the week feeling really poorly and in pain I had a nurse appt for my BP and found Id lost 6lb in 2 weeks so thats whats made me feel I can do this.
I will be exploring other parts of this section to get hints and tips and Im looking forward to it.
Thank you
love
Tab

Thank you all. I know I need to make changes but I also know I need help and this is the best place I could think of. My GP laughed at me when I asked and said they dont have that kind of money. He then refferred me to the nurse who went on about 'its not rocket science move more eat less' which isnt helpful if youre disabled and then she actually said ' your not stupid like some of the numpties I see' I reported that to my doc who said nothing helpful lol
Thank you
love
tab

Totally disgusting that!! How unprofessional :(

Hi tab, all I can add to this really is keep logging on. There is always someone here to help and support you. You will sooooooooooooo do this! Good luck, and if I can help in any way I certainly will :)

Back