I know the plan inside out but why...

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
....am I sabotaging myself and not following it! Help fellow Minimins, I'm really struggling and starting to go backwards :(!

A kick up the bum, advice etc. all welcome x

I have a theory about why we suddenly start self sabotaging when we've been successful for a long time on SW. Would really be interested to see if you're in the same boat as me. Both me, and the 2 other girls in my SW group who have lost about the same weight as me are all one same place head wise.

I am currently between a size 16 & 14. In my adult life I have never been able to 3even contemplate buying anything in a size 14, but now I can (I know sizing has changed over the years but thats not the point!). I have photos taken of myself now where I don't even recognise myself, and because I have recently moved jobs, the people I work don't remember me being really overweight. They think it's weird that I'm on a diet.

Anyway, I am still 2 stone away from my target, and I'm not planning on stopping now. There are so many people on here who have that to loose when they start!

The problem is that I am the lightest i've been in my adult life. People now look at me in a different way. I went into Evans at clothes & realised I couldn't fit into their smallest size. Someone called me pretty the other day (and not in that , if you weren't a heffer you'd be pretty way). All these things make me uncomfortable to be honest. I know the plan works, and I know if I stick to it I will be 11st by the end of this year. That scares the hell out of me.

Don't know if this helps you at all but either way, I hope you figure it out Hun x

Absolutely agree Kingleds - I've been off the SW wagon for about 5 months, gained 10 1/2 pounds. Although I've lost 3 of those since being back. But I've still to do one full day on plan. I've 2 1/2 stone to lose to target that will make me the lightest I've been in my adult life and it frightens the beejaysus outta me. How will I cope? What will I do without food as a crutch? What excuses will I have not to do things if I'm not too fat anymore?
Every half stone I've lost, I've waivered. If I didn't hit it by accident (as in got there losing 2 pounds in a week) it could take me 2 or 3 weeks to achieve it. Wonder just how much of your self-image is caught up with being the size you are - in my case the fat funny single one. And if so, do you have to learn to be someone different?
Very intellectual for a Monday morning, eh??!!

I'm the same as kingsled, I hit target a could of weeks ago at 4.5st people are so shocked when they see me, I get non stop compliments & my boyfriend (who met me at 3.5st lost) really doesn't understand why I want to lose more. I've reset my target for 5stone which, quite frankly I'm sure I last weighed anywhere near that when I was around 11/12 years old :(

I spent so much of last year sabotaging because I literally panicked and I still am now, slimming world & losing weight is my crutch & has been a major part of my life for over a year, I can't accept nows the time to stop losing, where will be goals nf motivation be every week?

I probably have an unhealthy all obsessive attitude or I do nothing at all. I need to learn to set new goals & slowly start to like things about myself. There's a thread here about three positives everyday, so I've promised to stand in the mirror in the morning and tell myself three things I like about myself/my body today. We need to start loving ourselves and stop the sabotage :)

I'm the same, I lost 1.5 stones & ideally want to lose 2 more but I keep messing up.

I lost 4lbs last week & then this week I go scoffing rubbish that I shouldn't be eating.

I just can't get into it but I really really want to lose the weight by my birthday in June.

I'm having a hurrendous month, so glad others in same boat. Lost 24lb so far & another 24lb to go - I loose weight sooooooooo slowly even when i behave 100% but just not got the self control i had last month and i'm so unmotivated.

Would love to loose the 4lb to get my 2stone award - i recon it would REALLY spur me.

Maybe we go back to just behaving 100% one day at a time again and finding a NSV every day x

It's hard to break the habits of a lifetime. Eating for celebration, eating because you're sad, eating because you're bored!!

I think nearly all of us here are guilty of a little self sabotage from time to time. The hardest part is accepting that it doesn't mean we have failed and should give up. Just draw a line under it and get back on it. Think about how good it will feel when you see the scales showing you are down another stone bracket or when your jeans that you can't fasten comfortably start to get too loose.

YOU CAN DO THIS! :) we all can! :D x

I felt the same and was really in a rut. I took quite drastic measures and swapped 'diets' to WW for a short term solution. It has made me review all my foods and portions and suchlike, and i have had 2 losses in 2 weeks. Not had that for a while.

Now I am NOT saying this strategy works for everyone, i really am not. But being the 'new girl' and not knowing everything about the eating plan does mean there is 100% effort in working out my meals and trying to be healthy too (5 a day, calcium, fibre intakes and such)

I think being complacent on the SW plan is easy, because its such a wide range of free foods. I had been on SW for over 2 years and i had got lazy and was eating the same foods week in week out.

Another issue i had with SW was i knew that if i had a bad week it didnt matter too much cos i had lost 'blah blah' stone and done so well. But it does matter, i want to get to target one day - not just bob around losing and gaining the same 7lbs all the time and have people clap cos ive lost 5 stone. (which i know is fab, but yo yoing around that mark for x months at a time is not!)

I think change and variety is going to help - and perhaps you need to cook some new recipies and work out the other meals around them - this may give you a weight loss boost? Just an idea!

Best of luck Dumps xxx lots of love xxx

A couple of years ago I lost 4 and a half stone in about 9 months and it got to the point that I could no longer look forward to going on nights out or general social gatherings and being at university and the time, going home for holidays was an absolute nightmare because I absolutely dreaded everyone’s shocked faces and reams of compliments and “Oh my God!’s” even though the were just being kind..and genuinely thought I looked great..!! It made me feel really embarrassed – I’ve often wondered if it was because accepting the compliments would be an acceptance of just how big I was before??

Anywho – to cut a long story short..I put 3 stone back on.. L

Now guess who’s wishing they were getting the same compliments and shocked expressions and “Oh my God!’s” – for the right reasons!!

Grr. Stay strong ladies J xx

I'm the same at the moment too. In fact success is so slow due to this. I think Kingleds may have a very good point and has made me realise I too may be scared of losing (deep down!)..... thanks!

Good luck Dumpling :)

I just tried to explain to my OH how I felt about this & he looked at me like I was crazy and just said 'women'.

Trouble is, he's bloody right! Grrrrr

Yes, he's probably right!!

Thank you all for taking time to reply! Something that each of you has said rings true - getting complacent, fear of getting to target, losing enough that it's noticeable and getting comments etc. I'm not sure where I go from here - change is as good as a rest they say, but I'll definitely keep you posted xxx

This may just be me but....when I lost weight before I got to a point and found it hard to carry on and ended up giving in, just because I'd managed to get into size 16's. I think I'd become so focused on that one target, once I hit it I couldn't be bothered going any further even though I was/still am 3 stone over weight. I'd become so focused on that one target, I'd lost sight that i was still overweight, I'd look at photos of my past self from in school and not recognise myself, but still failing to see I needed to carry on so I could be healthy. Truth be told it took one good kick up the butt off a doctor to make me see reason, if she hadn't have diagnosed me with PCOS I wouldn't have any motivation to get to a healthy weight. Sometimes it takes one thing to make you see you need to carry on and not give in. I gave up for 2 years, if I had carried on then i would be at a normal weight now and probably would never have got put on the pills that are making me so determined to get the weight off now. Theres nothing like something health related to give you that one good kick up the arse i tell you.

kellythepeg said:
A couple of years ago I lost 4 and a half stone in about 9 months and it got to the point that I could no longer look forward to going on nights out or general social gatherings and being at university and the time, going home for holidays was an absolute nightmare because I absolutely dreaded everyone’s shocked faces and reams of compliments and “Oh my God!’s” even though the were just being kind..and genuinely thought I looked great..!! It made me feel really embarrassed – I’ve often wondered if it was because accepting the compliments would be an acceptance of just how big I was before??

Anywho – to cut a long story short..I put 3 stone back on.. L

Now guess who’s wishing they were getting the same compliments and shocked expressions and “Oh my God!’s” – for the right reasons!!

Grr. Stay strong ladies J xx

Oh my god this is me!! I lost 3 1/2 stone a few years ago and was 1 1/2 stone from target, I was the same started hating seeing ppl who knew me before all the compliments were great at first but soon I felt like all ppl noticed about me was that I lost weight! Someone who didn't know me before hand actually said the phrase "how fat were you?" started stressing me out all the time.
Now I've put 2 stone back on and would kill to be back there again that's why I'm back on plan, when I finally get there think ill just accept the compliment and change the subject because it makes me feel too uncomfortable!
Op please don't give up I think at the end of the day the positives far out weigh the negatives!! Good luck xx

Oh my god this is me!! I lost 3 1/2 stone a few years ago and was 1 1/2 stone from target, I was the same started hating seeing ppl who knew me before all the compliments were great at first but soon I felt like all ppl noticed about me was that I lost weight! Someone who didn't know me before hand actually said the phrase "how fat were you?" started stressing me out all the time.
Now I've put 2 stone back on and would kill to be back there again that's why I'm back on plan, when I finally get there think ill just accept the compliment and change the subject because it makes me feel too uncomfortable!
Op please don't give up I think at the end of the day the positives far out weigh the negatives!! Good luck xx

Ahh so glad that someone knows exactly where I’m coming from – all my friends are skinny and think I’m a crazy lady whenever I talk about anything weight-loss related!! Ahh you’ve just made me one very happy lady J like you I can’t wait for the compliments – they can not come soon enough as far as I’m concerned!! xx

Back