i,m confused

misswinkytinky

right I,m 20 stone and takin ALLI. Do i need to work out how many calours i have per day or can i just eat low fat and per meal keep it under 5g of fat.?
other question.. i am counting the whole fat content and not the saturated, that is right is it?

Some people like to count calories but to be honest you dont need to. Here is a simple way to look out how xenical works.

You're 'allowed' to have 15g of fat for your entire meal, this includes pudding.

The 5g fat is basically just a guide in order to help you to maintain eating low fat foods. For example say were making a sandwich and you want ham, i usally look at the back and check for fat per 100g. If it's under 5g then its fine to have any more than 5g and i usally say away from it. Things like cornbeef have alot of fat in it. I look at the whole fat content.

I hope this helps in some way :)

You're allowed 15g per meal love :) The 5g of fat is per 100g of product. Now get filling your plate. This just shows you the lack of information you get with this pill.

Better to find out now than 12weeks into the xenical haha

You're allowed 15g per meal love :) The 5g of fat is per 100g of product. Now get filling your plate. This just shows you the lack of information you get with this pill.

Your correct - the manufacturer should be supplying more info or a link to a site like this - perhaps with one of there bods monitoring the help dished out.

yes after 12 weeks i would have starved to death lol. Thanks for the add..

Lots of info on here - I wasnt sure after leaving the docs - 5% 15g 12 weeks or was it 1 month - book weigh in with nurse?

From what I now understand 12 weeks to loose 5% of your weight.
Back to the docs after 1 month to be weighed.
buying food go for 5% from fat
3 meals giving less than 15g fat total

Anyone know how soon you can put in the repeat prescription?
On a course the week it runs out, so would be good to get them the week before.

Thanks

Anyone know how soon you can put in the repeat prescription?
On a course the week it runs out, so would be good to get them the week before.

What i usally do is book my appointment when im on my last sleve of the pills. At my surgery you need to book like a week ahead or phone at 8am on the day and try get to see a doctor.

I'm also trying to aim for low calorie as well as low fat. My main food problem is sugar. So I'd happy forgo a packet of crisps to eat a packet of haribo.

hello and welcome to minis!

id say everything the others have said is spot on! the only thing with low fat foods ie ww buns, go ahead harribo etc theyre replaced with lots of sugar which defeats the object of low fat really! so keep an out for things like that!Q i had to count cals cos id just have a huge blow out on sugar!

if u need any more advice do ask1 good luck hun!

love katie

ps have u thought about going to your gp and asking for xenical? most docs are horrified at the price of alli and if your bmi is high enough to get alli it should be high enough for xenical! Its far cheaper!]

xxx

thanks all. I,m on day 4 of alli and doing fab. i,m currently writing a daily dairy and doing weekly weigh in on alli. i,m going to see my gp armed with all my diet sheets , weigh in slips for the month and demand xenical.

Good luck Michele! :) Hope you get your prescription!

Back