I may lose some battles but I'll win the war.

Haven't watched create and craft in ages. I want to learn crochet, but first i still need to finish my knitting, not much left to do but been putting it off for 4 weeks now. I have too many books read, i start them, then about 2 months later get round to finishing them. But buy about 6 new ones inbetween, so i have an ever growing bookshelf. No wonder my room is overflowing with bookshelves and i've hijacked half the spare room...
Crochet is good - keeps the wrist supple I find. My gran taught me when I was about seven - just the basics the rest I got from pattern books etc. :D What are you knitting. I love the knitting but hate the sewing up. Also hate doing bits like button bands 7 stitches in rib yuck. Spend longer turning needles than knitting. :(

Making a toy, a wizard, taken me ages and only got his coat left to do, but i never seem to have time to pick it up, or when i do i'm too tired to be bothered. Doesnt help thats the coat is all stocking stitch. I might finish it before xmas.

My aunt can crochet, but i've never done it, i can do cross stitch, tapestry, knitting (on both 2 and 4 needles), and various other things but never crocheted, i have a book and my aunt said she'd show me the basics

Making a toy, a wizard, taken me ages and only got his coat left to do, but i never seem to have time to pick it up, or when i do i'm too tired to be bothered. Doesnt help thats the coat is all stocking stitch. I might finish it before xmas.

My aunt can crochet, but i've never done it, i can do cross stitch, tapestry, knitting (on both 2 and 4 needles), and various other things but never crocheted, i have a book and my aunt said she'd show me the basics
You'll pick it up no bother once shown I'm sure. I'm now really looking forward to having time to do all these things again. Might even have to dig out my lace pillows and have a go at that again. And tapestry and cross stitch and rug making and stained glass and jewellery making and tatting and crewelwork and traditional embroidery and then there's the papercrafting. Oh so much to look forward to. :D

You'll pick it up no bother once shown I'm sure. I'm now really looking forward to having time to do all these things again. Might even have to dig out my lace pillows and have a go at that again. And tapestry and cross stitch and rug making and stained glass and jewellery making and tatting and crewelwork and traditional embroidery and then there's the papercrafting. Oh so much to look forward to. :D

Oooo... I love Crafting!

You should consider setting up a little business... Unique handmade gift!

People are always looking for lovely, unique gifts that can be personalised!! :) xxx

Hope the weathers kinder to you today , xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooo... I love Crafting!

You should consider setting up a little business... Unique handmade gift!

People are always looking for lovely, unique gifts that can be personalised!! :) xxx
It's sort of half a plan to do that once I'm no longer working. Hoping to do fairs and the like and maybe set up something on line eventually but I have to get my house sorted out first and get all the craft stuff organised so I can find whatever I'm looking for easily. ATM I have some stuff I know I bought a couple of years ago but don't recall seeing since :eek: So needing to sort it all out. What crafts do you do Cinta? I just love learning new stuff. but also like to keep my hand in with the stuff I've learned over the years.

Morning pp :)
Morning Em. How are you today. :D

Hope the weathers kinder to you today , xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Cold and sunny today and we had a fair bit of sun melt yesterday so not too bad. Once I get out my drive the road is pretty much clear. How's it going with you. :D

It's sort of half a plan to do that once I'm no longer working. Hoping to do fairs and the like and maybe set up something on line eventually but I have to get my house sorted out first and get all the craft stuff organised so I can find whatever I'm looking for easily. ATM I have some stuff I know I bought a couple of years ago but don't recall seeing since :eek: So needing to sort it all out. What crafts do you do Cinta? I just love learning new stuff. but also like to keep my hand in with the stuff I've learned over the years.

I planned don setting up online, maybe even getting a shop, but the cost of making the crafts plus time to make the stuff, just won't stand up the prices i'd need to charge...I though about selling my knitted toys but £15 for the different wools, the 3+ months to knit each of them...who's going to pay £25+ for a knitted character. Still thinking about starting a general craft shop though, selling the stuff to make your own and offering a making service for the lazy ones who want personalised but dont want to do it themselves.

I planned don setting up online, maybe even getting a shop, but the cost of making the crafts plus time to make the stuff, just won't stand up the prices i'd need to charge...I though about selling my knitted toys but £15 for the different wools, the 3+ months to knit each of them...who's going to pay £25+ for a knitted character. Still thinking about starting a general craft shop though, selling the stuff to make your own and offering a making service for the lazy ones who want personalised but dont want to do it themselves.
I'd love to do this too but it's so tough to get trade with the currect economic climate, and to have a shop that would attract people you'd have to have a huge capital outlay on stock. All a bit scary. But I'm determined to do something with all my craft skills, maybe even teach if the location and situation arises. So much to think about. :D

My stepmother-in-law teaches evening craft classes at the local school twice a week she doesn't make much but it's enough for her to pay for new materials and still have a few pennies left, and to be honest her craft bits are not the best, so I'm sure you could do much much better :D

My stepmother-in-law teaches evening craft classes at the local school twice a week she doesn't make much but it's enough for her to pay for new materials and still have a few pennies left, and to be honest her craft bits are not the best, so I'm sure you could do much much better :D
You made me giggle out loud there Em. Love the description of her skills. ;) I'd love to do that and I know it wouldn't be much money but if it would pay for my craft habit I'd be happy. :D Obv a bit more would be better. :D Oh the more time I spend thinking about it the more I want to do it and nine and a half weeks is way too long to wait. Boo Hoo. Wish I had the health and energy to do it while I was working. :D

You made me giggle out loud there Em. Love the description of her skills. ;) I'd love to do that and I know it wouldn't be much money but if it would pay for my craft habit I'd be happy. :D Obv a bit more would be better. :D Oh the more time I spend thinking about it the more I want to do it and nine and a half weeks is way too long to wait. Boo Hoo. Wish I had the health and energy to do it while I was working. :D

Honestly PP some of the cards she makes us are terrible! And the worst thing we had to have god awful wedding invitations as we were too nice to decline her offer and hurt her feelings!!

In the grand scheme of things what's 9 weeks??! Perhaps start to get the ball rolling now and by the time you finish work you could some summer holiday classes to ease you into it!! :D

Honestly PP some of the cards she makes us are terrible! And the worst thing we had to have god awful wedding invitations as we were too nice to decline her offer and hurt her feelings!!

In the grand scheme of things what's 9 weeks??! Perhaps start to get the ball rolling now and by the time you finish work you could some summer holiday classes to ease you into it!! :D
Oh dear - your wedding is the one day you want everything to be perfect too. Shows how thoughtful you are though that you didn't say anything. :D

I'd love to be organised and start in the summer but tbh when I get home from work I'm wiped out, and I have so much to tidy and organise I don't see it happening this summer. :( I wish my health was better so I could find the energy to do it all. :D

Don't rule it out for next summer then :D

Back