I Need a creamy sauce for induction??? Please Help .....

Hi I am new :)

I was hoping to make a creamy cheese or mushroom sauce to go with either chicken breast or pork tenderloin? I am still unsure on what cream, soft cheeses and so forth that we are allowed with out it being too CARBirific and ideas would be great!!

Thank you
C x

MissMuffinTop said:
Hi I am new :)

I was hoping to make a creamy cheese or mushroom sauce to go with either chicken breast or pork tenderloin? I am still unsure on what cream, soft cheeses and so forth that we are allowed with out it being too CARBirific and ideas would be great!!

Thank you
C x

Hello MissMuffinTop,

Theres a stickie tab at the top of the Atkins form page that gives you all you need to know. Soft cheese is to be avoided on Induction. You can have up to 4oz of hard cheese a day and 3 x tblsp of cream (of any kind) a day.

I make a lovely sauce with my pork by frying some chopped onion, cooking down a cup of sliced button mushrooms, add 100ml water, teaspoon of paprika and season. Cook till well reduced, add butter and take off heat. Add 2 tbsp of double cream and stir in. Pour over cooked pork. Yum!

If you have a look at some of the recipes and diaries you'll get loads of good ideas.

I hope this helps. :)

I like garlic butter on meat - and of course there's always mayo! :) I water it down and mix curry powder in for a quick sauce.

Another one is roasted garlic mayonnaise. Roast garlic, and mix with mayo. Yum!

Hi there
I just had to let you know that I tried the sauce recipe from tigertoes (the one for pork) it was really easy and delicious!!!!!
Thank you for sharing
me-mo ;)

minimemo said:
Hi there
I just had to let you know that I tried the sauce recipe from tigertoes (the one for pork) it was really easy and delicious!!!!!
Thank you for sharing
me-mo ;)

Thanks ;) I'm glad you liked it.

If you gently warm your cream allowance in a small saucepan, tiny pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and a squirt of lazy garlic, then once it's all just about to boil, sprinkle in some grated cheddar and allow it to melt, it makes a fab cheese sauce for on your cauli, or on meat. If you want it to be a bit thicker then just bring it to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and stir while it reduces and thickens. I sometimes add a good pinch of cayenne pepper to give it some bite, mustard will do the same too.

Jayne

that cheese sauce sounds great i miss cauliflower cheese, will have a try with that

Back